IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

• 2 weeks later...

Early 70's in AU, I have no details but the circuit looks like one near Sydney that has been closed for a long time. Unfortunately this class of racing is now non existent, for S30's it's either historic racing or targa events now.

post-3852-14150819142588_thumb.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3251/2726317530_a384b7b854.jpg

128855-485-0.jpg?rev=1

"This is around 1979, in the rain at Road Atlanta, and may be at the SCCA Runoffs, but I'm not certain. Paul is in our Datsun 610, coming down to the bottom of the hill past the place where I had a really hard crash in my Z-car a few years earlier. Where the cars are coming down the hill in the background, I had air get under the Z going at least 150 mph, and the car lifted, went over backwards, hit the embankment and started flipping end over end. I wasn't hurt, but the car didn't finally stop tumbling until it was just about at the same spot where Paul is in this photo. This is an SCCA B Sedan, probably with around 220hp on tap, with the Canon and Kendall sponsorships that were backing us with Paul. I'll tell you, he was a terrific driver in the wet, always very much on his game."

http://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/2009/01/01/hmn_feature10.html

I crossed paths with one of the great ones at DETROIT GRAND PRIX last Friday.

Picture032-1.jpg

I was thinking what can i have MARIO autograph i know my shirt:)

Picture040.jpg

Here's one from Japan I suspect...

That's the No.19 Fairlady Z432-R of Hiromi NISHINO and Koji FUJITA, refuelling at the 'All Japan Suzuka 1000km' race on 24th May 1970.

They went on to win the GT-II class and the race overall after covering 167 laps ( 1002kms ) in 7 hrs and 49 mins, in a field with 45 entries.

This was the S30-series Z's third big win in Japanese domestic racing.

All the pics of Paul Newman make me think what other star today is even close as passionate about racing...

The only name that comes to mind is

Patrick Dempsey.

They sort of have that calm demeanor about them.

Eric Bana.