IGNORED

repro window sticker

don356

I have some of the original paperwork for my Z. The selling dealership - LeMans Motors, Inc., 101 "E" St., San Bernardino, CA. - does show up in Mike B.'s list linked earlier.

However, the paperwork I have does not show a port of entry. Any educated guesses on the correct port of entry for what was LeMans Motors, San Bernardino, CA.?

Gary S

The selling dealership - LeMans Motors, Inc., 101 "E" St., San Bernardino, CA. - does show up in Mike B.'s list linked earlier.

Gary, LeMans Motors in San Bernadino is on page 7 of the 1972 dealer list in the other link. It is also in the 1971 list, but I didn't post that page. I attached 1972 page again below.

Any educated guesses on the correct port of entry for what was LeMans Motors, San Bernardino, CA.?

Maybe Long Beach? Actually, Carl's Zhome site says the first boat load of cars went to the Port of Los Angeles, so maybe that is where all SoCal cars were shipped through.

-Mike

post-9102-14150806192267_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike B

Hi Marty:

Yes - that one would be correct for a 01/71 Model.

We would need to find a copy of the window sticker for a 240-Z with a VIN between HLS30 04800 and say HLS30 6900.

AIR - Nissan did replace the original Black/White Windowstickers with the newer Colored one's at some point during the 1970 Calendar Year... but I don't recall the specific month that they made the change...

Anyone have a window sticker from that period?????

FWIW,

Carl B.

Thanks for confirming on the '71.

That would be the correct range on my car, which is # 5341. Still need to confirm what version applies to that.

Marty

Any educated guesses on the correct port of entry for what was LeMans Motors, San Bernardino, CA.?

Gary S

Hi Gary:

Datsun Ports Of Entry as of 1972

Los Angeles, California

San Francisco,

Portland, Oregon

Seattle, Washington

Houston, Texas

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Jackson, Florida

Newark, New Jersey

Baltimore, Maryland

A Datsun first in motor vehicle transportation was the shipment of 308 cars direct from Yokohama to Anchorage, Alaska in May of 1972. It was the first time that any manufacturer has sent cars to Alaska in this way. - - Rae

FWIW,

Carl B.

Edited by Carl Beck
added Anchorage

Here you go. Mine came into Seattle, and was sold in Wichita. I'm the third owner. I've got nearly every piece of paper that came with it, like the sales brochure, warranty and service books, Hitachi stereo owner's manual, Datsun AC owner's manual, and the original Quaker State oil warranty card, not to mention 35 years of gas mileage logs and oil change receipts. Over the years, I and the previous two owners put about $13,500 in upkeep into the car.

Its interesting that the AC manual says its a Datsun 240Z AC manual. I was under the impression that the AC was an aftermarket dealer installed system, and indeed the original bill of sale has a line item for adding AC. Its just strange that they printed up a Datsun 240Z specific manual for it.

post-17507-14150806193581_thumb.jpg