IGNORED

70´ 240Z burn-out just for fun

Zs-ondabrain

Ironically the "puddle" or water box is there to conserve your tires while warming the rubber. Not so that you can get the tires spinning for a smokeshow. However, if you are traveling through the portland area I would be happy to oblige you to a rubber laying contest, say from a 30mph rolling start?;) Plus Id like to see your car.

In your Z??? That would be awesome. And it's funny you should mention Portland. Me and Leah are traveling to Hillsboro to drop off the carbs I just posted about on Someones engine bay refresh thread, then off to Salem to the New "JOHNNY Z MOTORSPORTS" Or maybe you could meet us there in the Afternoon?? And this invite goes out to ALL in the area (This Saturday around 2 or 3pm)

We're leaving here (Marysville, Wa.) on Saturday Morning at about 7am. We should be around Portland around 10:30am or so. Meet ya at an I-5 location?

Check your PM for my Phone number. Call me if you're available for us to take an exit, meet and greet, before we head for Hillsboro.

Dave.

Johnny Z Motorsports

1440 13th St. SE

Salem, OR. 97302

In your Z??? That would be awesome. And it's funny you should mention Portland. Me and Leah are traveling to Hillsboro to drop off the carbs I just posted about on Someones engine bay refresh thread, then off to Salem to the New "JOHNNY Z MOTORSPORTS" Or maybe you could meet us there in the Afternoon?? And this invite goes out to ALL in the area (This Saturday around 2 or 3pm)

Im out of town til next week but the next time you come through, your on. Have a great time Dave!

Keep in mind that this was almost 3 years ago and I had very UNTUNED SU's, ZX dizzy, no MSD, no Mallory Unilite or Promaster coil and no muffler (for sound purposes) and still has the 4 speed and R180.

The Dyno shows about 135HP at the rear wheels. And you can see the Air/fuel ratio DROP as soon the pedal was dropped.

I now have a muffler, MSD 6AL, Unilite, Promaster coil, Triple Weber 40DCOE's and a 5-speed with a 3:90 R200. An easy (in my mind?) 40'ish HP more?

I really need to reDyno this thing for some up to date numbers.

Dave

post-4921-14150806063536_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

If I'm reading the A/F ratio correctly, you were running very fat (rich) once you got off idle. Which is typical for SUs with worn throttle shaft bushings. They leak in piles of un-metered air. If you set the mixture correctly at idle (with all the extra air leaking in), you'll be way rich once the throttles open and the leaks become far less significant. On the other hand, if you set the mixture correctly for open throttle, you'll be way lean at idle. The way you had it was way safer. Probably more power to be had even with just fresh SUs.

Of course the current triples took care of that nicely....

WOW, Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

Lucky for you that I'm not a vegitarian, or I'd have to chew ya up.ROFL

It's called a "Dead End Road" in an undeveloped part of town. Nobody around, nobody can hear ya scream and nobody's around to Care. So relax. Go for a drive or a Walk about, Seems to work for me. Stop being so damn serious.

Like my mom always says, "If you don't like it, don't look" "If it offends you, you've probably done the same thing to someone else" :finger:

Get over it and change the channel. Have a nice day. :cheeky:

Dave.

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

I love Smokey and the Bandit as much as the next guy, but what's the relevance? Beside the "Dem new Japanese sports cars'

I may be wrong but I believe it was a reference to the police that might have called out on you for your reckless behavior......:finger:

LOL

I may be wrong but I believe it was a reference to the police that might have called out on you for your reckless behavior......:finger:

LOL

Your correct on the police part ,guess I,m guilty as well . A 260 z with 60,s musclecar performance and a heavily modded mopar will give that urge to drop the hammer... stress reliefLOLLOLLOL