IGNORED

Kidney, Anyone? 1427-mile Mazda RX-4

Mike

12-04-2008 10:50 PM

mazdarx4.jpg

If the story accompanying this auction is to be believed, this could be the lowest mileage Mazda RX-4 in the country. It appears that the potential customer and the dealer, way back when this baby was new in 1976, got into a bit of a kerfuffle. The customer thought he was buying something larger and with two more doors and refused to fork over the balance; the dealer insisted that he had bought it already. In limbo, the car sat in the dealer’s storage until 1999, when it was finally purchased by a doctor and titled for the first time.

Describing what happened next, the listing could not be less blunt: “THEN HE DIED!” Unquote. And now this car, whose velour has yet to be crushed, can be yours for an opening bid of $9,500, while the BuyItNow reveals what the seller’s heart truly desires - $18,500. Wow. For that price, you get full documentation, of which there isn’t a lot of due to the car’s low mileage, and a cheesy red bow. What do you guys think, is it worth it?

[eBay]

More...

Probably worth it as a museum piece but having sat for so long with nothing done to it I wonder how supple the rubber and other pieces are? Whether things have dried out or not? Still a lot of money for an RX-4 in my opinion but hey I am Z guy :)

Maybe it sounds stupid, but over here it is known as RX-5 and with standard 4 cyl, it is called 929, i drove one RX like this once and it is a blast to try, only a rough sound from the exhaust, it drives good but looks kind of ugly.

Chris