IGNORED

Unlocking doors without Keys

Razor

I'm very interested in how you got the phone to dial. Was it a solenoid or some more elaborate IC/programming?

Jim

actually its fairly simple. all you need is a basic cell phone/w car charger. nothing fancy non flip phone and 3 relays. your basic cell phone always remembers the last number you dial(or set to speed dail depends on how yours work)the first two relays are tied to the alarm. one to alarm itself and other to the hood/door/trunk switch. those two are than tied to another relay that works on a time delay and can put out two pulses which is hard soddered onto the talk button on the cell phone. first pulse brings up the ready call screen. second pulse dials and thats it.

*note i make it sound super simple on the cell phone part but theres actually two wires that are tied to the talk button.

Edited by overdrivex

never understood why back in those days they thought it would be a great idea to have one door key and one ign key...wonder how much a lock smith would charge me to rekey my doors to the ign key... anywho good to see you got your door open though.

Considering that most people keep both door and ignition keys on the same ring they would lose both. The result is the same as a common key for door and ignition. A lot of modern cars have only one key too.

Steve

I think you might be able to use an R30 set of barrels and ignition key block as a complete replacement for the 240K. From memory the door locks a square rather than round, but it's the same hole - if you know what I mean. The boot may be another issue.

No saying it will work, just suggesting an idea.

Edited by 240K&Beyond
spelling