IGNORED

Surprise! Cover cars taken from classiczcars "show us your ride" thread

Arne

Mine made the back cover. I had forgotten submitting the Z and Roadster for this event. A friend spotted it on line, called and asked if it was mine, sure enough, then it hit me. 'My car made the cover of a magazine?' Well, the back cover and the size of a postage stamp. I am thrilled.:love:

Bonzi Lon

Just a heads up that many of the Zs posted in the recent "Show us your ride" thread were selected for the historic Fall 2008 cover of Nissan Sport. To see if you made the cover or back cover of the magazine, go to www.nissansportmag.com. Also note that if you want extra issues of the magazine, you can order them through tonight, midnight, for $4 each. To get the deal, you have to contact me directly with your address and cc info at editor@nissansportmag.com or call 505-890-1764.

As Sarah mentioned, that issue covers 50 years of Nissan history in the US, with a huge emphasis on Datsun. The feature is so big (written by Merlin Blackwell of DatsunHistory.com), we had to reserve 27 pages for it. It includes details from an unpublished internal Nissan book, interviews with the names synonymous with the day (Gable, Usami, Parker, Jordan, and others), and stories of Mr. K that reinforce his legacy. And, of course, the legendary introduction of the 240Z.

If you guys don't love this issue, I'll give you your money back and then give you an extra $5 out of my own pocket. It's that good.

Dave Bexfield

Managing Editor, Nissan Sport