IGNORED

What's in YOUR garage?

Arne

I am confused. Can you actually fly the 1/2 scale WWII bird or is it RC?

BTW, in my garage-

1972 Datsun 510

1992 BMW 525i

+ tons of 510 parts :)\

As well as my 1987 pathfinder SE for sale on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=110292217822

Edited by Zero Z

In the front shop, an '86 Daytona Turbo Z I'm piecing back together after being gutted for various reasons, also a bunch of odd car parts, '66 Poly 318, various 2.2/2.5 Chrysler engines (turbo and non-turbo), grond effects for my Chargers, SB Chrysler heads and blocks, and lots of other stuff. In the back shop is my '72 240Z and my '89 Lebaron project, along w/ a whole bunch of car parts, mostly Chrysler engine parts and engines. I can actually have at least 6 cars under a roof between the two shops if they are cleaned out properly, and there is another where I keep the mower that could house a 7th in a pinch ;)

Wow! I love this thread - the S2000, John Deere tractors, Eddie Lawson replica bike, the plane stuff - it all has me envious!

BTW - just was in Orlando area and spent some time at my folks' house in DeLand - not far from Mt. Dora. A few years back there was a car show that featured some prominent Ferraris IIRC.

My garage (mostly in my sig):

1972 Datsun 240Z

1966 Jaguar E-Type

1967 Honda CL/77 Scrambler

SCAG SSZ 52" Commercial Mower

Homebuilt canoe (ok - it's only half completed...it's a "round TUIT" project)

Barbie Jeep (my girls' ride)

Part of my scuderia, but not IN the garage:

2000 Lexus GS400 (daily driver)

2003 Honda Pilot (my wife's daily driver)

1972 240Z, 78 K miles (resto-mod in-progress)

1997 Lexus ES 300, 140K miles (DD)

1996 Lexus SC 300, 150K miles (Wife's car)

80's Seafarer 30 Sailboat. (not really in the garage, in the water).

I've always loved aviation. In fact, I started college as an aero engineer in the mid 70's. Even TA'd the flight sim lab. After a year I saw the writing on the wall regarding job availability/security and moved over to major in MechEngr.

Never got my pilot's license, but have flown a number of aircraft, including some aerobatics in a Citabria and an AT-6. (It was a blast!). When I was younger, I never had the money to pursue my license and now the eyes are going south.

Did fly RC planes for about 5 years, but gave it up to have a sailboat. I have only so much free time and the boat requires a lot of maintenance. In fact, the boat has suffered from neglect over the last year because of the Z restoration and home projects. I'll pay for that in many additional hours of labor next Spring. Probably something like 100 hours... (arrrgg!)

I am confused. Can you actually fly the 1/2 scale WWII bird or is it RC?

Yes! You actually get to fly it! It's a bit cramped but there are a few 6'4" pilots who can squeeze in. The cockpit is 24" wide.

Here's a website I inherited from a friend who passed away. (No, he didn't die flying)

http://warbuddies.homestead.com/

RE Poindexter's query about when it will be finished... If I had six months of free time and money it would be done. Some of these planes have taken 12 years to finish.

houston_war_f4_u_photo_10.jpg

Jim

Edited by JimmyZ

Well, I dont have any aircraft but I do have a few trinkets in the ol' car hole.

1950 Chevy Fleetline Deluxe

1976 280Z

1974 VW beetle

1973 Fiat 850 Spyder

I have a soft spot for rear engine cars.

After owning a 64 Ford Fairlane, my Z is my first truly powerful car.

Still regret selling the ford though...

My garage is full of crap!!! (for now)Just moved down here (dallas oregon)and still not unpacked. I'll have to update this post oh in ABOUT A YEAR!! At least thats how is feels anyway...... But as for my shop and what I do in it. check out my myspace photos under my passion/work. @ myspace.com/johnnyzzz13

you'll have to request me to be a friend. you'll enjoy it!

Johnny...