IGNORED

What's in YOUR garage?

Arne

Currently I'm working on building a second garage. The primary garage barely fits the Z with all of the equipment I have. Just one 71 240Z in my garage when there is a storm approaching. It's safer to keep the Z out of the garage otherwise.

For tools..

12x36 lathe

9" 1928 Southbend lathe

Milling machine

TIG, MIG, Oxyfuel Equipment

Plasma Cutter

5hp and 7hp compressors

Bead blast cabinet

Pressure pot sandblaster

Digital Storage Oscilloscope

Engine hoist

The list goes on...

The garage is mainly for the construction of a 1/2 scale F4U Corsair. (Experimental)

I've been "cheating" on my Z by loving on the plane for some time now. I think the Z knows somethings up. :)

Jim

The Z's been kicked out the garage and has to spend the winter in the tractor, Uh, I mean Z shed with the '73 Deere 1530 and the Deere 111 lawn tractor. I promised the wife a kitchen remodel and I need the space in the garage to bring out the woodworking tools and room to build the cabinets.

Steve

post-14809-1415080462763_thumb.jpg

For tools..

12x36 lathe

9" 1928 Southbend lathe

Milling machine

Plasma Cutter

5hp and 7hp compressors

Bead blast cabinet

Pressure pot sandblaster

Engine hoist

The list goes on...

The garage is mainly for the construction of a 1/2 scale F4U Corsair. (Experimental)

Jim

Hi Jim... buddy.. old friend... exactly where in Florida do you liveROFL

Carl B.

Hi Jim... buddy.. old friend... exactly where in Florida do you liveROFL

Carl B.

Mt Dora ;)Just a little North of you. Around the corner from me there's a guy named Jake that has his Z friends come over and "play" in his shop. They have everything I don't have but hope to have someday.

Cya,

Jim

Currently I'm working on building a second garage. The primary garage barely fits the Z with all of the equipment I have. Just one 71 240Z in my garage when there is a storm approaching. It's safer to keep the Z out of the garage otherwise.

For tools..

12x36 lathe

9" 1928 Southbend lathe

Milling machine

Plasma Cutter

5hp and 7hp compressors

Bead blast cabinet

Pressure pot sandblaster

Engine hoist

The list goes on...

I've been "cheating" on my Z by loving on the plane for some time now. I think the Z knows somethings up. :)

Jim

Hi Jim, good buddy! What a nice list of gear you have! :bunny: Although my Z still holds my rapt attention, to be closely followed by my (newly planned) winter project of transplanting a turbocharged LD28 into another 240Z shell, I'm actually most intrigued by the Corsair. That aircraft, the P-51 and the Supermarine Spitfire all share my appreciation equally! What is it "they" say, "beauty follows function"? Flying has always been one of the loves of my life, which unfortunately I've been unable to pursue due to time constraints. It's not something I want to do without a significant commitment of effort and practice. Flying as well as sailing, which is almost flying rotated by 90 degrees- that I still have enough time for, as I started to accumulate those useful skills at a very early age- unlike flying, welding or using a metal lathe.

Welding and and proper use of the metal lathe are two of the primary mechanical skills that remain on my wish list to be minored (as opposed to being mastered, as I wouldn't be so presumptuous to think that's possible without beginning at a much earlier time in life- not that I'm an old dog. Arf. ROFL) Or is that a demonstration of "rolling over"? :D I'd like to be much better with the brake, plasma cutter and milling machine too.

Edited by Poindexter