IGNORED

Hint Hint, Nissan: Another Retro Datsun Design

Mike

08-21-2008 10:24 AM

240zdesign4.jpg

Here’s yet another unofficial rendering of neo-240Z. This one has actually been floating around the web longer than yesterday’s Iacoski design, and designer Lars MÃ¥rtensson has done his homework. It remains incredibly faithful to the design of the original Z (though we could do without the side scoop) and should have no problem taking its place among other retro designs like the Ford Mustang, 2010 Camaro, Toyota FJ Cruiser or VW Beetle. Plus, it’s gorgeous!

With independent designers, as well as some within Nissan (see Datsun X-Link and the 510-inspired Nissan Pure), itching for a rebirth of iconic Datsuns of yore, this should all amount to a big fat hint for Nissan. Come on, Mr. Bean, the world is waiting. More pics after the jump.

240zdesign1.jpg

240zdesign2.jpg

240zdesign3.jpg

[AusZCar via The Motor Report and several tipsters!]

More...

I had no idea that Rowan Atkinson was a twin! I bet he doesn't either, but we know who got all the humor in the family! Now I'll leave this thread, "taking full advantage of the natural cover..."

(A quote from Sean Connery to Rowan Atkinson in Never say Never again...)

Will

lose the louvered rear glass and count me in. I've never bought a brand new car before, because I've never found a new car I'm willing to pay that much for, but this I would buy. Come on Nissan give us something to actually get excited about. P.S. I work for a GM dealer and have to look at cobalts, trailblazers, and malibus all day so maybe thats why I've never bought a brand new car ;-)

I like the Iacoski design better. The problem with all the retro designs are they all to close to the original. There should be an indication of heritage in the design, but just like people cars need to grow and mature as their line ages. The only reason I like the new Z at all is cuz it's a Z and the world is a much better place with a Z in it.