IGNORED

Message to the GUYS of CZCC

Mike

Ah, the stuff in the shout box was just opinion, nothing more. Just because I disagree with someone that doesn't put them on my bad side. Every site you visit, or at least the one's I visit, there are going to be things you like about them and things you don't. I think, overall, we're a pretty good group here. I don't really look for the 'social side' on a site. But, like anything else social, you can choose to participate or not. But when it gets intertwined with the non-social stuff, this is what happens. That was really the only complaint I had with that thread. The comments you're probably referring to were most likely:

Oh..I forgot! This is her playground. I'll try to be more understanding.
-and-
Not as long as others are willing to play the 'my space' game.......

Those were merely sarcasm which get lost with the written (typed) word.

Edited by sblake01

If you're up for it I will buy you a beer one of these days, I recall you saying you intended to head down to Murrieta for the opening of the Datsun Museum, I was thinking about going too, but don't let that scare you away :D

I'm not the biggest participator here, in terms of social or technical aspects of the site, but my point is that an increase in social activity would increase our level of community here... As it is, activity here is a bit on the slow side, I think.

Well, I don't drink but I will be at that opening (I wouldn't miss it!). You have under 100 posts and I have over 6000 and you've probably contributed more social comment than I. It's just not something I often do but it doesn't bother me unless it takes over during a technical discussion. I really don't spend much time in the social areas of this site so I wouldn't really know if they're slow or not.

I for one find it somewhat refreshing to see this 'hot' topic with lots of back and forth barking, and not once has anyone mentioned not liking Alan's attitude! ROFL

Seriously folks, we all need to lighten up some. Mike is right about being respectful to the few ladies who visit, but that should really be extended to all users.

...I, for one, don't appreciate Alan's attitude in this thread.ROFL

FTFY

On topic, I had to review the threads and posts by the member in question. The gallery was only of Betty Page-esque pics, the sig was suggestive, the avatar was suggestive (not much competition for Sexiest Girl on the Site, at least by numbers alone....) and some of her comments appeared to intend to goad some members on (One was stating something to the effect of "I have to go get some clothes on now..." huhwha!? Was this MySpace or a car forum???? One shouldn't start down that road if one doesn't want to see where it goes....

I feel like every newb gets some respectful response to the vast majority of questions, even the ones where clearly "Use the Search Function" needed to be imposed...If no one responds, it seems like it's because the question was dumb/inane/answered elsewhere or spamming/phishing/trolling for some off topic merchandise.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting comes to mind...

We are very polite and respectful on this forum (unlike some other Z Car and automotive forums I visit.) I would encourage everyone to envision sitting across the table from the folks with whom we discuss topics, because I'd like to think that if I ever get a chance to go to a big ZCar event I'd be able to enjoy meeting forum members face to face.

It's so easy just to be respectful.

Edited by xray

Couple of comments:

Thanks to Mike who takes the brunt of this sort of thing for keeping this site. I appreciate how time consuming it can be and the effort he makes.

I don't agree with the poor 16-year-old's approach and think she created well over half of the controversy. In that respect, I agree with "welcome to the internet". It was all I could do to keep Her Majesty from bashing her to pieces. After all, we KNOW that Her Majesty is the sexiest... Tough call, but I don't think her pictures should have been approved.

You don't like his attitude...so? What's your point?

Oh my goodness,

I'm not mad at anyone,

I didn't get offended,

I simply proposed to leave,

I didn't actually leave,

I've been swamped with homework because SOMEBODY has to go to collage in my family,

and I can't believe all of you are making it into a big deal,

I get that it's not just me, that it's other Z female members too,

but still, whatever is about me, it didn't really phase me.

The sexual jokes that I make on this site is simply because that is just how I am,

I'm not trying to be a tease or a slut.

The pictures that I posted were removed,

they may have been inappropriate and dangerous to my own well being but I knew exactly what I was getting into and what I was doing.

My parents are completely aware of anything I do on ANY website.

I mean, I've been webmastering my own stuff for years now.

I realize that because of my age, I may not be taken seriously and that there may be a conflict in opinions and I am prepared to take that risk.

I am not a immature child though, regardless of what you may think, you don't know me, please don't just assume.

I am here to learn more about my Z just as much as I am here to meet new and interesting people, if you don't want to deal with me, then don't.

It'll save us both the grief.

I don't mean to sound rude or ungrateful in any way, I am simply voicing my point of view to this whole ordeal.

And last but not least, I am not "begging" for attention, I get enough of that on my school's TV show that I host.

Thank you to all.