IGNORED

Message to the GUYS of CZCC

Mike

I never would have thought that the thread the girl in question started would have offended her way off of this website. I really didn't even find anything offensive in that thread, besides the lack of approval on "text speak" (but who would get upset over that anyways?)

Upon seeing this thread, I honestly thought members were sending her inappropriate PM's or something of the likes.

I'll watch what I say here: but the girl seems like a tease that enjoys getting attention. Posting a bunch of revealing photos of yourself on a guy-dominated car website the first few days isn't just inappropriate, but pretty dangerous. Same applies for the "sexiest girl on website" stuff. It's almost asking for some kind commentary or confrontation.

If I were her parents I would be worried about my 16 y/o daughter being so revealing to a bunch of strangers.

Edited by mikewags

...I couldn't bring myself to wade through the above mess after a while...

In any case, because the avenue has been opened, this forum seems to have a host of very friendly, knowledgeable people, and many rather more vicious, yet knowledgeable people who have probably chased off many men from participating on this site, let alone women, and likely account for the meeker demeanor of a few of the more jolly types here. A sense of humor seems to be lacking in many cases... Why should we be so uptight when we drive such relaxing/cheap to maintain cars as Zs ROFL

As for the "Welcome to the Internet" comment, this is probably the forum I've been to that feels least like it, for the good and the bad... This place almost seems like an island where internet rules don't apply...

Not that I'm threatening to leave or anything :)

Edited by Danglybanger

...I couldn't bring myself to wade through the above mess after a while...

and many rather more vicious, yet knowledgeable people who have probably chased off many men from participating on this site, let alone women

You know, until I read this post, I didnt really relate the chasing off men comment but I have to agree. There are a select few that seem to like the phrase "Use the search feature, this has been covered already"

I for one think this would become a less desirable place if it were not for people actaully POSTING on here. I would hazard to guess that just about EVERY concievable topic has been covered on this forum over the years.

If I could do a little (butt) kissing up...I nominate SBlake01 as the user of the year! I have used the search feature (ad nauseum) on here and have read Stephen's posts from years ago and pretty much the same thing from months ago. He is always there to offer help and great advice to people (like me) that dont really know there way around cars, to the more experienced home mechanics. I am grateful for this site and users such as him.

I wouldnt be to concerned really, the other automotive forum I frequent is far more politically correct than this one and they dont have any girls either.........

I guess they do not have "boobs" thread then?? :)

I guess they do not have "boobs" thread then?? :)

No, but they experimented with a political sub forum....... it lasted about 3months before it was completely out of hand.

Its a pretty large and sucessful forum. Here are their latest numbers.

Members: 19,978 | Threads: 143,546 | Posts: 1,144,006

I agree with Mikewags, Sblake01 has been very helpful to me since I have joined the forum. Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but, I do think the primise of Mike's post has been missed somewhere along the way. Like Sblake01 said, everyone has the right to agree to diagree. However, that does not give members of the forum free reign to post whatever pops into their head or fingertips for that matter. I have always lived by some things are better left unsaid. I you think it might be offensive, than it probably is. Ok, I will step down from my pulpit now. Mike's post needed to be said to keep us all on the same page.

Brad R.

No, but they experimented with a political sub forum....... it lasted about 3months before it was completely out of hand.

Its a pretty large and sucessful forum. Here are their latest numbers.

Members: 19,978 | Threads: 143,546 | Posts: 1,144,006

I would agree that it would get out of hand. @ things should be off subject here (females not one of them)...politics and religion!

Speaking of stats, here is a site I came across a couple months ago (when this board was down for days) using Google. Shows alot of stats, including who the most frequent posters were in the past week (I saw my name on there, maybe my wife was right about me sitting here too long :)

http://boardreader.com/sp/Classic_Zcar_Club_17233.html

Thanks for the accolades. About the topic, I just didn't see anything offensive in that post. I can't understand why Dan is so defensive of what took place in it either. What was 'vicious' in that thread?

You are welcome, you deserve that and alot more Stephen.

If I ever make it out close to you, I would love to meet you and take you out to your favorite dining establishment. Now please dont think I am hitting on you, I would hate to see you leave this site LOL

...I wasn't referring specifically to that thread actually. Generally this forum hasn't seemed so friendly to newcomers in general (many "introduction" threads go completely bypassed, with no one sticking out a hand to shake), and the "use the search engine" mentality as mentioned is indeed present... Perhaps people are tired of talking about the same old, but with a 40 or so year old car, that's what the forum exists for (not like much new is happening in terms of Z maintenance) and often that attitude comes across as offputting. For those offenses, no one can particularly have blame...

It's true that this forum's social side is surprisingly slow to me, and maybe that's fueled my impression... It's surprising to me especially in the light of the fact that this site has every other topic completely covered, and you'd think there'd be a more fraternal aspect by now that maybe I just don't see.

I'm not trying to get on your bad side, Steve (after all, you live so close to me ROFL), nor was I trying to single you out; on the contrary, as above when members read my post they seem to think of you as the one who is the exception, however I didn't understand a couple of your posts in the shout box :)

Edited by Danglybanger