IGNORED

C110 for sale - may need a little work

khughes

took me a while to figure out what I was talking about, probably posted when drunk.

Your right though, I've seen a replacement windscreen but the tinted blue strip at the top was just a straight line across the window, it didn't bend down as it got close to the a pillars. I want one that bends down like the original.

Ah yep. The one I had did come down a bit, see pic.

c110_screen.jpg

My original had no tint on it though whatsoever. I'd be wary about saying what your "original" had especially considering it has had its roof chopped off! Sure it isn't a replacement itself?

My original had no tint on it though whatsoever. I'd be wary about saying what your "original" had especially considering it has had its roof chopped off! Sure it isn't a replacement itself?

It's most likely the standard windscreen. The A pillars weren't cut at all, changing them would have been a major wasted effort and there was no non-standard welding on the A pillars except for the very ends of them. I sand blasted them back to bare steel so all was visible.

I assume that the windscreen was taken out when the roof was removed but I see no reason why they would've replaced it unless they broke it when being removed.

There was no tint in the one I had except for the blue strip at the top. I suppose I should have said " I want one that bends down like the one originally on my vert "

The replacement I saw was on a 4 door that I bought for about $300 took a few parts off then sold for $500. I thought about removing it as I was informed by previous owner it was a replacement and was in better nic than my own, but I chose not to get it off as I was too lazy and didn't really need it. Thank god I didn't bother to remove it as I know know it wouldn't have fitted, cheers for the info.

Ah yep. The one I had did come down a bit, see pic.

c110_screen.jpg

Wow I just never get over that pic of what used to be your car. That is the best one I've ever seen.

Pilkington glass was a good call :) I called them and they gave me a number for a guy on the Gold Coast from Novus who quoted $260 fitted or $160 pick up. As he doesn't fit them in Brisbane I'll pick it up and fit it myself.

Has anyone ever fitted a windscreen before? is it just a case of putting sikaflex on and laying the screen in place?