IGNORED

Centerforce II new install slipping!

brilliant! that worked. thanks guys... now i just have to get used to the clutch engaging just off the floor

You have three adjustments, slave, pedal stop, and pedal to MC. Adjust the pedal to MC and pedal stop a bit and that should help considerably.

• 3 months later...
only the very early slaves are adjustable with the locking nut...all the rest are non-adjustable and simply have a spring in them that adjusts it automatically.

This is not correct. There is no spring in the non-adjustable slave. If you have an adjustable slave and cannot buy a replacement, the solution is to take the adjustable pin out of your old slave and replace the non adjustable pin on the new slave. The only difference between the slaves is the pin.

This is not correct. There is no spring in the non-adjustable slave. If you have an adjustable slave and cannot buy a replacement, the solution is to take the adjustable pin out of your old slave and replace the non adjustable pin on the new slave. The only difference between the slaves is the pin.

and the hole on the early slave casting to hook the exterior spring.

Right. It looks like the ones with the holes are NLA.

Easy enough to drill a hole like Mat did:

As far as I can tell, the unsprung length of the SC spring is around 3 1/2 inches(out-to-out), and the diameter is about 1/2-5/8. I had to drill a pilot hole in the casing of the SC because this VB part didn't have a way to attach the spring.

From this thread: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20751

<This is not correct>

What are you talking about jmortensen? Because of the spring, that's why it isn't manually adjustable; it has a spring in it that always keeps it adjusted automatically. That's how they changed the slave from the early one that you have to adjust all the time manually...

What are you talking about jmortensen? Because of the spring, that's why it isn't manually adjustable; it has a spring in it that always keeps it adjusted automatically. That's how they changed the slave from the early one that you have to adjust all the time manually...

Go pull one apart and post a picture of the spring. I double dog dare you! ROFL

Jon, I have 3 non-adjustable (the automatically adjusting) slave cylinders in my workbench drawer that have an internal spring. The spring is around 2 inches long and tapers. The smallest end of the spring attaches to the slave cylinder piston. The largest end of the spring seats against a the back of the slave cylinder. I no longer have the pistons because I kept breaking the seal due to my ACT pressure plate issue (I kept overextending the slave piston). I can take a picture of the spring though.

Edited by ktm