IGNORED

I need everyones input on this one (Combo and T/S switches)

Zs-ondabrain

I hope to make this a Sticky (Mike!!) I want to Document every S30 style combo and Turn Signal Switch. I need every one to see what is already posted and add to this Thread if you don't see your style of switches. With any luck, anyone can pick up a switch out of a box of parts and be able to cross reference it here and know exactly what they have.

I am now in possesion of over 80+ switches that I would like to start rebuilding for people and customers. Only problem is that there are so many styles that I am not totally sure of what is what. So PLEASE remove 4 screws from the steering column cover, take off the top and bottom covers and.........

Take a picture of....

1 of the top (looking from the roof down at the switches)

2 of the bottom (show the length of the T/S switch pigtail and the wires going into the T/S switch and the wiper switch.

Try to show as much detail as possible that makes your switch different from the others listed.

Make sure to STATE YOUR BUILD DATE!!! So everything can be properly documented.

Thanks to all who participate.

Dave.

The pictures below are of my 8/70 and the combo switch and T/S switch wires are clearly visable as are the connectors. large 6-pin on the combo and small 6-pin connector on a short pigtail of the T/S. and a 6 wire T/S box.

post-4921-14150803362465_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150803362965_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150803363359_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150803363755_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150803364168_thumb.jpg

That's perfect Mat, is there a double black wire (1 small and 1 large) on the top of the headlight switch? And does the small black wire from the wiper switch go to the top of the headlight switch?

Thanks and keep 'em coming guys, the more, the marrier.

Dave.

Here's another ....

2/73 240Z

3 position wiper and usual everything else, long pigtail on Turn signal switch.

Also, I believe the combo switch sits on an upper angle (due to the 3 position wiper switch) as compared to the earlier 240Z switches that sit in the center of the metal chassis.

post-4921-14150803368138_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150803368547_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150803369077_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150803369488_thumb.jpg

Come on people. Take 5 minutes to go take a picture of your switches. I really need a picture of an 8/71 and a top view of the 1/71, MATT. But I still need some more input from every one who can add to this.

Let's fill this thing up. If you don't see your switches on here, ADD them.

Thanks,

Dave

Make sure to STATE YOUR BUILD DATE!!! So everything can be properly documented.

Dave - Between the ones I sent you and the refurbished one you sent back, I can't be for sure on the build date(s) of any specific car(s) they came out of. However, they were all from 280Z's. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Taking a picture of what I (re)installed in the car is pointless, as I'm not sure the date of the original donor.

But from the picture, it doesn't look like I was the only one who donated to your "illness"......

Wayne