IGNORED

Nissan Repro Program Car on Ebay

nwcubsman

Hi

I have to put my sincerely toughts about this car that I already started to say something listed above.

My restoration program, make me spend much money on parts and seraching of perfection and new parts.

As "westpak" said there is some parts on the car makes me think that I probably did a restoration better them this on my car.

Hi Filipe:

You are doing a wonderful job on your Z - it is truly beautiful. You are also doing it in a part of the world where obtaining the needed/desired parts is most difficult.

If you have found and purchased 500 New Old Stock (NOS) parts - you have now replaced about one third of the NOS parts that Nissan used on each of the Vintage Z's.

In my restoration, I did / put

INTERIOR

- new dash, new vinil (chassi and seats) , new door panels, new rubber set OEM(bought few weeks ago), new steering wheel, new heater control panel, new 5 speed ball, new plastic interior, new door arm rest, new rear mirror viewer, door locks, window handles, and many other stuff that my english words don`t come by....

Your English is nearly perfect. Many of the new parts you bought, you were able to buy because of the Vintage Z Program. Nissan worked with aftermarket suppliers to have OEM quality reproduction parts made for the Vintage Z Program, and for people like you and I to be able to buy. All the interior plastic panels, the seat upholstery, the diamond vinyl upholstery, decals, rubber bushings, sheetmetal replacements for the rear hatch threshold among many others.

ENGINE Compartiment

- Engine rebuilt with OEM piston bearings, new head bolts, new shocks, new fuel, water, oil pump, new plastic fan blade and fan cluctch, zinc all parts, new brake master cilider, new cluct cilinder, new complete OEM exaust, new disc brakes, and as above many other stuff

Nissan sent the engines to their engine remanufacturing facility so the VZ engines were rebuilt to OEM spec.'s. They sent the transmissions to their transmission rebuild facility for complete rebuild. The rear ends were also rebuilt. Likewise the complete brake system, clutch system, cooling system, exhaust system etc etc etc

- Exterior

new paint, all new datsun symbol, new tyres, new front and side headlights, re-chrome bumpers, OEM nissan bumpers rubbers (all) and many other stuff

The VZ's received the same...

Take a look at my pictures... if I had the center console symbol it will be a Vintage Z Car

If you had a Vintage Z, you would have one of the 38 cars completed during this very unique Program. When you are done, you will have a very beautifully completed 240-Z, and certainly very rare example in Europe. However you will have one of several hundred restored 240-Z's.

Many pictures are missing here, I probably will be critisized, but that´s my toughts.

I'm not criticizing your thoughts - only I believe you have a basic misunderstanding of the extent Nissan went to when they remanufactured the Vintage Z's.

Many people also believe that they would rather have a Restored 240-Z, than one of the Vintage Z's. Everyone is entitled to own what they want. Many people would rather do the restoration/refresh/restromod themselves and that is wonderful as well.

Don´t get me wrong, a vintage Z will be always a Vintage Z, but I think my car is better them it car that is for sale.

Filipe Azevedo

"Better" is a very subjective term. If you think your Z is better, then that is certainly true for you and many people would agree it is better for them as well. I believe that for the money paid - $35K to $40K a Vintage Z represents a better value today, and they will most likely represent higher values in the future.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150803233593_thumb.jpg

post-3609-1415080323374_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150803233883_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150803234032_thumb.jpg

I agree with Carl's comments above. The VZ has historical value that a owner-restored Z will not likely have.

Of course, my Z won't be quite as nice as either the VZ or Filipe's, so what do I know...

I can put some more if you want....
Please don't!

Personally, I don't understand why you hijacked this thread. If you want to do a thread about your car then do a thread about your car. Oh, wait, you already have done several threads about your car. This thread has nothing to do with your car. Your car is nice, and I applaud your efforts but it really has nothing to do with the car being discussed here.

Your car is nice, and I applaud your efforts but it really has nothing to do with the car being discussed here.

Maybe not, but it was still interesting to read the response from Carl, that clearly points out the extent of the restoration process that these "program" cars went through in comparison to FilipeA's restoration. If anything, this intrusion served to enlighten me somewhat.

Thanks eveyone! This has sure been an interesting road to travel so far and it's only been one day. To all that have commented, thank you. I keep getting emails from people who tell me they sold or bought their Z for significantly less and that I'm dreaming if I think I can sell it for this. Well, I guess everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I have no idea why anyone would take the time to write an email like that. It just seems weird. Do you think they'd complain if their neighbor sold his house for a really high price so the value of their house went up too? Hmmm, I just don't get it.

All of your comments have seriously started me rethinking this decision, so don't be surprised if I change my mind about selling it. About the gas tank, I'm embarrassed. I used a shop rag to wipe it off and some of the red lint pulled out into the undercoating. I need to clean it off again with a towel. The flash really makes that show up. Bad on me!!!

FYI, I think there are something like 47 people watching the auction now.

Best to all. And even I sell it, I've still got a 70 Z, so I plan to still be here!:laugh:

Bobc,

Good luck with the auction, my Orange one went last month on ebay and I know what you mean about all the nut job questions.....I'm curious from your description, what car are you "lusting" for?

Take care,

Randy

...snip.... I keep getting emails from people who tell me they sold or bought their Z for significantly less and that I'm dreaming if I think I can sell it for this.

...snip... Do you think they'd complain if their neighbor sold his house for a really high price so the value of their house went up too? Hmmm, I just don't get it....

Emphasis mine.

Bob:

That's EXACTLY what I've been telling people here for years!

Personally I hope that you DO get that and more! More to the point, I wish I had the money to bid on your car, but I don't, but if your car goes up in value, mine, even not being a VZ program car, nor even in the same "class" would go up in value too.

I agree with the individual that mentioned that the real detriment to Z prices going up are the Z owners that nay-say any increase in their value. I'm not planning on selling, but I do want to garner a bit more respect for my car at open marque cruise-in's.

FWIW

E

Emphasis mine.

Bob:

That's EXACTLY what I've been telling people here for years!

Personally I hope that you DO get that and more! More to the point, I wish I had the money to bid on your car, but I don't, but if your car goes up in value, mine, even not being a VZ program car, nor even in the same "class" would go up in value too.

I agree with the individual that mentioned that the real detriment to Z prices going up are the Z owners that nay-say any increase in their value. I'm not planning on selling, but I do want to garner a bit more respect for my car at open marque cruise-in's.

FWIW

E

I agree, Enrique. I've noticed that the folks who need to restore their Z want prices to stay down, while those who've finished or bought a restored one want them to go up...probably not a coincidence.

The Japanese imports, the Z in particular, are getting more routine coverage in collector/classic car mags, evidenced by the big spread on Datsun in the current Hemmings Sports and Exotic (even if some key facts are incorrect). They even profiled a B210--Whahuh!?:stupid: Increasing profile should generate more demand/interest in buying, restoring and showing these cars, and their value should improve accordingly. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully some deep pocketed collector is looking to catch the next rising wave of collector interest in early Asian imports and will take a liking to the VZ car listed, paying big money for it. I don't see much downside to that purchase, even at 35-40k, given its rare history and interesting storyline.

Bob, don't listen to the haters. Yours is unique to the Z timeline and should be valued accordingly. Even if it doesn't sell, it may generate some buzz and get sold later down the line.