IGNORED

Bob Sharp GT KIt

Here's the Ebay link. I spotted the pic in the gallery you uploaded from the catalog. There seems to be a lot of interest in this car. I bet it will get interesting when it comes down to the wire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-240-Z-Datsun-1973-240Z-in-storage-for-25-Years-19K-MILES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6187QQihZ013QQitemZ230247712854QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

....Interesting door panels....velvet or something.

The rear bumper sort of resembles that of a 280......weird.

I'm not too keen about the hood artwork, though the rest of th car is cool. Seems to be sitting up rather high however.

Before computer aided design & wind tunnel testing these where the body packages BSR sold & drove to multiple championships with s30's,they would change the tail lights to resemble the Z's for sale at the dealer.Win on Sunday-sell on Monday.

Bob Sharp Racing body part #

BSFL-001 X2 $164.95

BSFL-002 X2 $164.95

BSFL-003 $545.00 (Nose not on ebay "awesome" 240z)

BSAD-ZX1 $149.95

ZX Turbor Tail $269.95

ZHH Hatch $129.95

With massive weight reduction & IMSA Nose aerodynamics,the results for overall performance increase were remarkable!

In a conversation I had with Mr.Sharp he mentioned very few records of sales of the GT-33's were kept & these special order body parts were very limited.

The Ebay seller "Once in a Lifetime" sounds about right.

Oh by the way the Recaro Spectrum seats with stereophonic headrest speakers part #0804010060 sold for $628.00 each & have been out of production for 25 years.

Once in a lifetime? I think be able to wrap my mind around that concept if this wasn't a unfinished V8 conversion. Might be a collection of rare/hard to find/impossible to find parts but the car itself does little for me.

This car is a perfect example of how something that was seen as "desireable" back "in the day" is now seen as deploreable and embarrasing.

Platform shoes, hip-hugger pants, screen-print silk shirts, paisley patterns in wild colors, white leisure suits, Nehru jackets, tie-dye, Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts under Button Down Collar shirts; just to name a few. All were "cool" and "groovy" or "funkalicious" at one time. Now, they're the type of item that some people deny having been involved with....like Disco. But, like Disco, if you were part of the "IN" crowd, whether you were a Beatnik, a Hippie, a Yippie, a Yuppie, a Rebel, or a Preppie, you "wore" the uniform.

This car is a perfect example of this. The spoiler, the flares, the striping .... while "outrageous" now were very much the "rage" back in the 80's. (Remember the A Team's van?) Like paint, this year's most popular color will be pasé a few years down the road.

So, while many will distance themselves from the 80's appeal of the stripes, the interior and the air-brushing, like Disco, back in the "Day" you either participated or YOU were considered the "outcast" or the "dork" or the "nerd".

2¢

E

Hey Enrique - It's ok to say you had one like it or maybe wanted one. You don't have to dance around it (in platforms), just spit it out. :)

I can hear Donna Summers climaxing now in quadraphonic sound from that "awesome" sideshow - She feels love.

While I'm kinda pickin up what your layin down - I got to say though this one is over the top - even by 70s standards. I did the 70's thing in a stock 71 Z (which drew sufficient attention for me) and saw some interesting Z mods - flairs and wide tires, no bumpers and a few odd colours - but this is more roller derby than disco. I think this would have been considered ugly even then. Austin Powers would have given this a double take.

Now to say something nice: rear suspension looks very clean.