IGNORED

hood vents

z2b

A quick test to confirm Stephen's theory is to cycle the ignition on and off (do not start the car, simply let the pump energize for 2 seconds) a few times. Fuel pressure will build up in the line. On the 3rd or 4th time, start the car.

It starts fine when cold and starts fine if its warm and sits for longer than say 30 mins. Also if I just turn it off and back on when warm it starts fine.

I've tried the on and off ignition before and it didn't seem to help. But I will try it again next time I think i'm going to have startup issues.

I've asked a mechanic that works on a lot of Z's and says that its Vapor Lock and hood vents would help.
It sounds like he just wants you to spend some money at his shop. I've had a number of "tech" guys tell me to bring my 280Z to their shop and they'll tune up my engine, and even add an extra 50 HP by upgrading the chip in my engine computer!:mad::devious:

I still don't think you can get vapor lock in a fuel-injected engine, unless you do a number of bad things to it.

And after Googling 'air lock' all I get is stuff related to the engine's cooling system.

It sounds like he just wants you to spend some money at his shop. I've had a number of "tech" guys tell me to bring my 280Z to their shop and they'll tune up my engine, and even add an extra 50 HP by upgrading the chip in my engine computer!:mad::devious:

I still don't think you can get vapor lock in a fuel-injected engine, unless you do a number of bad things to it.

And after Googling 'air lock' all I get is stuff related to the engine's cooling system.

I wouldn't doubt it. But this guy was pretty cool and definately Z knowledgable. Hell he had about 30 Z's from 70-90s at his shop. He seemed like the kinda guy that was pretty much a come to me when you get desperate and not just after more work. I was just stopping by for parts. I had to get out of there before I went broke!!

I drove the Z for a while today and stopped at the post office for about 10 minutes and decided to try the ignition on and off to see if that would help with the stuttering problem and it didn't seem to help at all. I'm still thinking i'm getting "Vapor Lock" on my EFI system. But what the hell do I know!!

those vents are actually open. my friend modified one and gave it a scoop look. sweet!
Which vents? 77-78? Note what year mine is. I know they're open. My question was about the various different ZX vents.

I wouldn't doubt it. But this guy was pretty cool and definately Z knowledgable. Hell he had about 30 Z's from 70-90s at his shop. He seemed like the kinda guy that was pretty much a come to me when you get desperate and not just after more work. I was just stopping by for parts. I had to get out of there before I went broke!!

Which guy & shop? I know of 2 shops here in Houston, one I would highly recommend, while the other I would highly condemn! :eek:

Which guy & shop? I know of 2 shops here in Houston, one I would highly recommend, while the other I would highly condemn! :eek:

The guy I went to is in Cypress. I think his shop's name is Reliable Dependable Auto something or other. He also goes by ZWorld. He has a website. Its Znzx.com

Which shops are you talking about?

The guy I went to is in Cypress. I think his shop's name is Reliable Dependable Auto something or other. He also goes by ZWorld. He has a website. Its Znzx.com

Which shops are you talking about?

The one I'd recommed is Awesome Z. Doug is a Certified Nissan Master Technician with over 30 yrs experience. http://www.awesomez.org/index.html

The one you listed is the other shop I had in mind. :sick: