IGNORED

240k vert update photos

Well, she's finally been started. I still have to do a little before it will be test driven but it's nice to hear it alive again.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pnumYH_cOKo

The engine sounds pretty meaty when rev'd between 3500/4500 it should be a lot of fun to drive. I'll be replacing the 2 barrel 350cfm with a 4 barrel 560cfm eventually but other than that I won't do any other performance mods to the engine until it dies on me or I've saved up enough to stroke/supercharge it.

I'll get some more videos up shortly when I've tidied up the wiring in the engine bay and I can rev it properly.

Did your GT come with it's original engine? if not will that effect your end engine choice?

Take as much time off as possible as the bodywork is a hard long job, run your stereo really loud all day long and the old gran won't hear your compressor ;)

I'm going to rev the V8 up to at least 4500rpm this weekend so stand by for more youtube videos.

no, unfortunately it didn't.. the guy reckons he had it, but it was miss placed during all the moves he made..

I am pretty certain the GT will remain stock (and eventually get restored).. i did have an offer for $6k for one of my cars, in which case i was goign to move all my stuff into the GT and keep that.. but surprisingly (not..) the guy was all talk (luckily i hadn't started moving anything).

i think i have 2 weeks of welding, bogging and sanding ahead of me :)

how do you misplace an engine? :stupid:

I saw that offer on SAU, most guys are all talk. . there's only a handful of us crazy enough to complete 3 year + modifications/resto's on 240k's, in saying that it's good to see people are starting to value the K a little more.

I publicly bet a case of beer it takes you a lot more than 2 weeks of bogging, welding and sanding just to get it to base coat stage. When you sand through your fingertips the 15k paint job starts to not sound so bad

If I were you I'd buy a pack of sandpaper off ebay to get started, you'll save a bit in the long run and you do have 2 cars to do.

deal :) easy winnings considering i already have my "base" coat..

just joking.. yeah not looking forward to it.. i know it is going to be bad.. like teh stripping was.. but somehow i have convinced myself that wasn't so bad really.. so either will this be..

honestly, if i was in a position to be able to spend $15k on the paint i would have, especially as i am kind of hoping to have a showroom (or should i say show considering how bad some cars are out of the factory) finish.. hopefully i won't be too disapointed

Guys,

A portable bead blaster (or fine sand) will get it done quickly. I always use this special stuff from the Navy for rust conversion and protection prior to paint too. I'll have a hunt around for it's name. It's not cheap, but it's the best. A straight mix of it burns a hole on concrette.

It takes as long to get rid of the grit in the car as it does blasting it in the first place, I nearly burnt out a vacuum cleaner trying to restrict it down to a tube to suck it out. In the end I found it best to do it with two people, one guy holds the vacumn the other get on the air gun. That soda blasting does look pretty sweet.

Kent, I'm sure if we ever get our K's on the street together there will be beer involved :cool::P:D

When your bogging try and do a small areas and then make sure you scrape it flat before it dries. It takes a lot longer to sand bog than it does to scrape it while it's nearly dry. I stuffed this up heaps of times.

Another trick that worked well for me was to do have a few beers at the end of the day and get into some rough sanding of large areas, the slight drunkedness seems to give you back all your will power and stamina to continue for a little longer without your brain telling you all it wants to do is jump in the pool.