IGNORED

'72 240Z at Barrett Jackson

kinfish

DeesZ - you are correct, there should only be 1 mirror on the drivers side and it should not be black. I don't know if this car is represented as being bone-stock. I live in Phoenix and remember looking at that Z back then. As I recall, it had a small crack - about an inch - in the dash. Some small stuff also, like non-stock shift knob, but overall in good stock condition. No telling what if anything has been done to it since then.

Wow....$12,250 and I guessed $24k.........:stupid:

I took from the description that the car would be similar to one of the Z resto's.....I'm assuming it is no where close.

My very nice 3 condition 1973 brought $11,000 and this car was completely restored and went for $12,250....I think BJ is NOT the place to sell a Z.

DeesZ - mirror on left side is not correct style and it also has added mirror on right side

Kurtwalters - dash is not perfect; it does have axial cracks

When I took photos of car the owner was not around. Doors were locked and hood was closed. The paint was in good shape and chrome bumpers were either new or rechromed.

Congratulations Moonpup, for your guestimate, you win the ability to post to any of the thousands of threads here, use the search engine for free any time you feel like it-and hopefully when you don't! You also get to peruse every photo in the extensive collection of galleries collected on this site, and-if you are over 18, you get unlimited use of the "Boobs" thread!

But wait, thats not all! If you follow all of the advice, hints, tips, tricks, and suggestions posted on this site, you can have one of the best looking and best running Zs around!

Will

when you add up the transport registering it, cost of hotel, airfare? or detail/prep and food, and the percentage the Sharks took from him in commission, maybe 8500 can go back in his pocket. Guys i said this before we all need to pay up and not be cheap for parts and cars to offset what we have in them, loving them for what they are aside its the only way the prices will go up. Any of us would have paid him 8500 right?

VW convertibles regularly go for more that similar condition 240Zs. Sad, but true.

Mostly because iirc the VW convertibles are a LOT rarer than our Z's.

a 79 going for 14k is nuts though. but I'm sure an even earlier model would go for more. a guy sold a 9 second turbo/nitrous STREET vw convertible (don't remember exact year, but it was an early model) for 36k. But I'd say most of the price was for the 9 second california street legal part.

but still, 12k is impressive for a car that's not 100% perfect.