IGNORED

Help installing windows!

kcoke

So I am finally getting around to puttin my 240z back together after paint and I am installing the windows. I have a problem though I dont know/remeber where the little roller goes. I am talking about the small piece that has a roller on it. It seems like it hangs somwhere in the door but I dont remember where? Any pictures or comments where it goes or if I have to mount it will be very useful.

Keith

There is a notch on the upper forward part of the door, where the door panel rests when hung. Imagine the window being rolled up all the way, not measure from the chrome window frame, back about 3 inches, on the top of the metal. That's where it gets pressed on.

sometimes my descriptions suck but I hope it helps. You gonna have it back together for MSA?

Dave.

Dave is right on , but there is another notch further back also and if you can come up with a 2nd roller, this is where it would go. These rollers help hold the glass from vibrating when you close the door. This in turn makes the window channel last longer, plus the door sounds more solid when it is closed. While you have the door apart, this is a great time to apply a silicone bead along the door stiffener where it almost touches the door skin. Another vary good thing is to install some sound deadener like B-quiet or Dyna-mat to the door skin. Gary

Definately do the Sound deadener on the outer and inner door skins. I only used 4 (2" x 6") strips on the outer door skin, and a few 2" x 2" squares on varies panels on the inner door frame. Tighten up everything and don't be afraid to use soft foam near the lock rods and door skins to keep them from banging together. My doors get compliments all the time, for how quiet and solid they sound.

Below, is a picture of Dave Phillippi's door after I installed power door locks and power windows in it. He wanted the bigger peices of Dyno-Mat to fill the holes for lock noise and such. Shuts like a new solid door.

Just knock on the panels, with your knuckle or something, use a patch on the noisy parts. Kinda like tuning an instrument.

Dyno Mat is heavy so you don't need much to get the effect you're looking for. Definately do the second roller like Gary said, better results all the way around.

Dave.

post-4921-14150802767912_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys a bunch.....Wheres MSA at? And when is it? My goal is to have it ready for KOOL APRIL NIGHTS here in Redding Ca. Its a huge thing here and a lot of cool cars. Not to many Z's have I seen in the show.

Thanks Guys a bunch.....Wheres MSA at? And when is it? My goal is to have it ready for KOOL APRIL NIGHTS here in Redding Ca. Its a huge thing here and a lot of cool cars. Not to many Z's have I seen in the show.

MSA is in Orange County, CA. The West Coast Nationals is April 25-27th. The actual exhibition is on the 27th. See you there.

http://motorsportauto.com/

The MSA Zcar nationals is the Biggest Zcar event in the United States. As far as I know, There were over 800 registered Z's in the 06' event. Plus another couple hundred unregistered cars parked around the surrounding blocks.

The event starts in Anaheim (exit 109A off South bound I-5) Follow Katella east for about a mile. Take a right after the twisty road at the Shell? gas station/car wash. Go SW about a 1/4 mile to Collins and take a left.

Motorsport Auto

1139 West Collins Avenue

Orange CA 92867

Ph.(800)633-6331

Fax(800)321-3777

www.zcarparts.com

Go to Motorsportauto.com and register for the event. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! Tons of friends are to be made, best Time I've had at a car event, ever.

Me and the wife will be traveling 1200 miles to get there, ANd we usually stop in Redding for the night. But I think we're gonna shoot for San Diego this year.

Dave.

The MSA Zcar nationals is the Biggest Zcar event in the United States. As far as I know, There were over 800 registered Z's in the 06' event. Plus another couple hundred unregistered cars parked around the surrounding blocks.

The event starts in Anaheim (exit 109A off South bound I-5) Follow Katella east for about a mile. Take a right after the twisty road at the Shell? gas station/car wash. Go SW about a 1/4 mile to Collins and take a left.

Motorsport Auto

1139 West Collins Avenue

Orange CA 92867

Ph.(800)633-6331

Fax(800)321-3777

www.zcarparts.com

Go to Motorsportauto.com and register for the event. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! Tons of friends are to be made, best Time I've had at a car event, ever.

Me and the wife will be traveling 1200 miles to get there, ANd we usually stop in Redding for the night. But I think we're gonna shoot for San Diego this year.

Dave.

It is indeed awesome. Make sure you get directions to where the car exhibition actually is that Sunday, as it is not in front of the shop like it use to be.