IGNORED

Best car cover for an early Z?

BRE-240Z

• 4 weeks later...
I have seen somewhere there is a large bag you drive the car into, zip it up and fill it with air like a giagantic balloon. They even pushed a bicycle into it and it just bounced off without hitting the vehicle.

Bonzi Lon

Jon, I am the inventor of the DoorPal. In the the quest to constantly improve, my product I would love to know what I executed poorly in your opinion. Besides, I owned a 1972 orange 240Z and still feel a bond with the Z-club ;-). For the record I should have never sold my Z. It was the most fun I have ever had driving a car.

-DoorPal Guy

• 1 year later...
I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

Cmon, that's not even a Z in your picture.

Someone please BAN this spammer

Edited by Arne
Removed links to spammer

Way to go Arne. A timely thread for me nonetheless as I had been looking at the covers. While the Technalon looks the part for outdoor ( my 74 hasnt spent too many nights outdoors in its whole life - rain, heck it never saw any rain LOL) do you also prefer it for indoor garage storage etc. The reason I ask is that I had one of those bubbles once for a motorcycle and it was a pain - got rid of it immediately. And a few of the motorcycle covers I have are pretty bulky too - ie for storing the Technalon in the car if you take it uptown and it OMG "rains" :cry::)! Thanks.

I had the Technalon cover from MSA 4-5 years ago, and used it when I parked under my apartment building. Some rain still splashed onto the car, and plenty of dust and pollen settled on it, so the cover was a must. I seem to remember it always doing its job (that is, before some scumbag cut through the worthless plastic coated steel cable and stole it).

Technalon is good stuff, and I would buy another one if I felt I had the need (have a real garage now, and don't really drive it all that often).

I bought a Covercraft Evolution (Technalon) cover for my car which was stored outside under a carport that took sun and rain on one side for a couple years and it's still going strong. It does tend to leak some dust through over time but only if you let it accumulate to excess. If you keep it clean (rinse it off in place) and shake it out from time to time this should not be a problem, and it sheds water very nicely. I think I paid $170 for it online with a bag and cable. It came with 2 mirror pockets sans a hole for the antenna. I beleive it even came with a 4 year warranty.

Edited by =Enigma=