IGNORED

Type of paint?

Six_Shooter

The brown in '73 was also metallic, so it may have been clear-coated as well. I know that the metallic green on my wife's '74 B210 back in the day was factory clear-coat, so I'd bet the '73 brown was too.

If that's the case, then there is a possibility that this car is in very good condition, considering age, and everything else that goes along with these cars.

Jeff G 78;

The car is in Washington (state). I know what you're saying, and would like to do something like that, but then there's yet a third opinion in the mix, and I find that the more opinions you get the worse the situation gets. Unless I know that person and know what they call mint, down to poor, then it can only make it more confusing. I had this discussion with the seller in an e-mail actually about how different people have different views of condition, perception.

I always expect something to be in worse condition than what I'm being told, even by a third party. Glass half empty? I do this from past experiance.

For my use intended use of the car, even if the floors were rotted away, and the rear suspension falling out of the car, it would still be good. Yeah I'm on that other site that seems to be shunned by people here.

If the car turns out to be in better shape than I expect, well I may just restore it and find something a little less perfect for the project.

The pictures I have been sent are quite detailed, and in the areas I need to be in good shape, really are.

Six Shooter (Chris) - I'm going to assume that you're located in Brantford Ontario, just north of Toronto.

I seriously suggest you take Jeff's advice to get a 3rd opinion from somebody close to the car. There are lots of Washington state members here.

Otherwise - I have a "72 that fits your description of rotted away with rear suspension ready to fall out that is much closer...:-)

GWGarrard

Osgoode, ON (Greater Ottawa Area)

Chris,

I'm located in Washington. As are A Lot of the members on this site. Anyone one of us would probably be happy to take a look for you. I think it would be a good idea to get a 3rd opinion. In my experience it doesn't hurt.

I looked it up and the car is 4 and a half hours away from you, I wouldn't ask even somebody I know to make that trek, let alone someone I don't know.

I may make the trek out there myself. My uncle wants me to visit him in Calgary and is only 11 hours away at that point. He also wants to buy a quad from WA anyway.

I know what you guys are saying, and I agree, but as I said earlier, when that 3rd opinion comes from someone I don't know, it usually is not very helpful.

ggarrard;

Go on....

If it turns out I should or would rather restore this car, then I may be in the market for the project chassis, but the only parts that can be bad would be the floors, I still need the factory front frame rails and wheel wells in good, if not great shape. The race I want to build this car for requires stock front frame from the firewall forward.

a waterborne alkyd-amino enamel designed for general metal finishing. It provides a hard, tough coating at 2.3 lb/gal VOC without the hazards of flammable solvents.
Water based? In the 1970s? That is different.

No car company in North America switched to water based paint until the EPA forced them to in the 1980's.

Amino Alkyd Enamel = enamel paint comprised of amino resins and alkyd resins - it is thinned with enamel reducers, petroleum reducers. Film hardened by oxidation, after some solvent evaporation. (this was NOT a water based paint).

My bad. Did a search for alkyd-amino enamel and came up with the above. Sorry...:cry:

FYI:

Red paint is usually more expensive than other colors. This may have changed over the years, but for the longest time it has applied.

There are a LOT of red cars out there. Not qualifying that in any manner other than you do see a lot of red cars, it may be cause they catch your eye, prettier, etc.

Green like Walter Moore's car, or the earlier Electric Lime Green better known as 112 Yellow are sharp colors and not too common, which makes them stand out for their individuality.

FWIW

E