IGNORED

1975-78 280z passenger door mirror

mlaw7

Datsun didn't put Pass. Door sideview mirrors on the 1st generation Z's. Only ones that did come with both driver and passenger side mirrors from the factory are the ZAP Z edition (1977) and the Black Pearl edition (1978)

You can always add them though if you really want one. MSA has a pretty good selection of mirrors. (www.zcarparts.com)

Arne is correct. In fact my Z has the mirrors that were used on the ZAP Z's and Black Pearls.

The original owner of my Z had them put on. the thing is though they are damn hard to come by today unfortunately.

When I bought my Z, the pass. side was missing the head (don't ask me how?) and I had a hell of a time finding another exact set. Finally located a set and bought them from a guy in NY. They were off his parts Z car and he had them all cleaned up and primed. He said "since they are unfinished, you can have them for the cost of shipping" :surprised I got very lucky.

mlaw7, if you go to me web site in my signature (look in details) for my car you can see a set of the mirrors that the Zap had. I had mine put on when I purchased my car in 1976, they were put on by the dealer. My glass mirror did go bad after about 10 years and I replaced mine in 2000, I found them in Arizona through the internet. I would think today they will be very hard to find.