IGNORED

Embarrassed at the traffic light HELP

ZcarsRock

Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut - Sometimes You Don't

I will race from time to time just depends on my mood.

Lately it seems everywhere I go everyone wants to race me simply because the Z is a sports car.

The other day an older man pulled up next to me in an early series 300ZX. Of course my car is running like crap till I get it fixed so I had to let him get his jollies peeling out from the stop light. :devious:

Looks like the yellow is a good candidate for being a convertible.

Sorry you busted your car, but now it seems like you are trying to preach to everyone else about the thing you did to bust your car. I agree street racing is a thing no one should do especislly if they have bad jugement, or drive like idiots. But it's like masturbation, theres two kinds of people ,,,, those that do it and and those that lie about it.

ZME-

Here's a question that maybe you can help me understand. You've owned some Z8's. What is the purpose of owning a Z8 if your not going to drive it in an aggressive manner ie... possibly racing? If it's purely for the track say no more but if it's a street car why own it? Yeah racing is stupid, however there are stretchs of road where there are no intersections, no driveways, no one to jump in front of you and your at the pole position. In a Z8 next to a mustang, Uncle Ben's special, whatever how can you not get on that Z8? What's the point of driving a machine like that? I'm not trying to rag on you I'm just trying to understand owning such an awesome machine and then not using it for what it's built for.

Yup, street racing is dumb. I did it when I was younger, got caught once, never did it again.

Ever ran a motorcycle through someones front yard at 60mph avoiding someone backing out of their driveway? Ever clip a deer in a Z doing 60 on a narrow back road at night (think about looking under the deer and wondering how far up the hood it might go) while trying not to be run over by the other idiot behind you?

Remember, no matter what you have, no matter how fast it is, someone, somewhere, has something even better.

I did get a speeding ticket last year racing another car and went to pay the fine.

I never bothered to look at it since I knew I was speeding but the clerk told me the ticket was for 456mph in a posted 35 zone.

Nothing faster than that :classic:

I guess the Cop had one too many donuts that day and the sugar overdose fried his brain cells.

Sure I used to race all the time.. I used to get a ticked a month, or more. Used to be a week never went by without maxing my car out at least once. I had my old 280 to over 145 more than once. Nice running car. I hit a large doe at about 75 once, thank god it fell down before I hit it. Been off the road sideways more than once at 100+ ran through a corn field once at 105 on a motorcycle. Glad it was already harvested. Of course Most of this was years ago I have not had a ticket in years. I try to drive more carefully now, but If I just wanted look at my car and admire the shine and drive quickly. I might as well sell to some one. If I was going to drive it like a family bardge I can think of many more comfortable and practical rides. As far as holding on for investment value, youd be better of investing in real estate. I doubt if theres any profit after you consider the money and time invested. That only leaves fun for a reason to own one of these cars. I like Zcars.. alot. But it's not a religion. I could be just as happy with one of several other sports cars, zcars just fit my budget and circumstance.

especially when you know you can beat someone. im not going to lie i have done it. im not alone or am im not to be called just as stupid for the same reason.

i found the hard way out from a friend that met the side of concrete bridge because of the guy he was racing decided he wanted to pass in on coming traffic.

car was coming and he cut my buddy off. luckily all he had were bruises and scratches. he could have been dead or threw the window.

i takes control because i still want to race every now and then. when i still had my V8 Z, i did take it to the track and embarass a few individuals. my best run was 12.95 @ 105.75 mph.

i guess what happens is you grow up see whats happening around you and realize that your not immortal anymore.

I dont see where racing on a track is much safer though. Your driving twice the speed of most street racers with a three foot wide brick wall ready to take you out.

Dale Earnhardt and Jason Priestly come to mind.

If your going to street race I guess there just needs to be some kind of ethics to it. I never race someone through rush hour traffic or pull this cut off move that has happened to a few on here. The problem is you never know what the other driver will do.

We are all human and will give into temptation sooner or later. If your going to put a life at risk from street racing just try and make it your own and not innocent bystanders.

I am sure it is safer for a number of reasons.... First there is someone there to pull you from the wreckage, should an accident happen. second there are no kids or dogs on the track. and third the speed is probably not greater, if it's a race for real the limit is when the motor blows, or you reach your limit.