IGNORED

Do people notice you in your classic Z on the road?

deadflo

Pulled up behind another red 280 zx the other day at walmart. The car was sitting right in front of the entrance, and both our cars got quite a few comments (mostly like "you don't see those everyday," and "I bet you feel like your seeing your car in a mirror").

The coolest thing about the other ZX was the build date of 9/78...

The owners daughter came out of the store and said "Cool!" and her mother commented that she saw me drive in (as I saw her as I drove in). It's nice to know that there is another local driver around. Alas, no camera so no photos. Perhaps next time.

Well, I can say without hesitation that it takes me twice as long to do anthing when I am out as the car gets tons of attention. I even take it to the local Thursday night cruise at A&W and it sits amongst the hot rods and the all the domestic muscle...all the while people gathering around it with smiles on their faces.

The great thing about the 240Z is that everyone has good things to say about it. They owned one, they always wanted one or just kind words about how she looks today. The best feeling in the world knowing it's mine.

"250" was an accidental mistype...somebody needs to grow up here...

The 350z is a cabin forward modern sports car--besides the name, nothing is similiar to the S30...they may have said they were trying to be retro, but the final product, especially with the cab forward design--doesn't resemble the S30, especially when driving. There's a thread somewhere on here where somebody photoshoped the 350z and added 6-8 inches between the rear of the front wheel well and the door crease. THEN it looks like a S30 and it would probably be more like the S30.

The person who buys a 350z is not interested in the classic s30, an unmodified original S30.

But, a fellow apt. dweller a few years ago bought a 350z and his first car wash he was in line right after me at the apt's car wash spot--we talked quite a bit about Z this and Z that...but it's apparent it's for a different driver, in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

On my home from work today, I pulled up to a stoplight next to a 350Z with the top down and the guy in the passenger seat yells at me so I roll the window down and he says he likes my car and said he owned a 240 and a 260z and I told him the 350Z was cool too. Then as he pulls away he yells "Cya Z dude"! and gives me the thumbs upLOL, nice to see someone in a 350Z show some love to an older Z:D

Typically, the 350Z drivers I see while in my 240Z are too busy yacking on their cell phones to even notice any of the traffic around them. Seriously. I see two or three a day on my way to and from work, and the drivers (both men and women) are ALWAYS on their phones.

Not so for Z32 drivers. Many of them notice my car, and lots wave.

my car has been in the shop for some time now, but a couple weeks ago i was taking my laundry out and i overheard the kids that play in my apartment complex go "DUDE! That's the guy with the TIGHT NISSAN!"

I kinda chuckled thinking to myself "wow, a kid that knows a datsun is a nissan haha"

i think it's kind of funny because no where on the car does it say nissan. it says datsun all over.

Bought my '72 out of Arizona and brought it back to Canada through Windsor/Detriot. Had a lot of customs people on both sides of the border come out to see the car... at the time I wasn't sure if that was a good thing but it worked out OK.

Stopped by the local Nissan/Infinity dealership last year and all of the mechanics came out and gave the car a full inspection in the parking lot for about 10 minutes. That was pretty cool.

Some days lots of comments, others none. Seems to constantly get comments from people on motorcycles (except Harleys).

The biggest smile she usually gets is on my face when I fire her up.

• 2 months later...
Both my Z's and MGB get attention (except from 350Z's!) around here.

Since there is an exception to every rule, wanted to share this!

Well, this AM, driving to work in the Lime Z, I see a black 350Z over in the far right lane (I am in the far left - 5 lane highway). He sees me after a few minutes, and speeds up and starts maneuvering through the traffic to catch up to me. He makes a point of pulling up along side me, and we exchanged the 'ol thumbs up! He then worked his way back to the right lane to exit. I noticed as he pulled away that he had replaced all his 350Z badges with Fairlady badges, so I figure he must be a Z enthusiast, and maybe that is why he recognized my 240Z :classsic:

Interestingly, I was quite pleased with the encounter. It was neat to have both the first and the last models driving next to each other, almost as good as finding another classic Z on the road. As I saw him maneuvering to catch me, I said to the 240Z "here comes one of your grandkids to say "hi"!" :classic: