IGNORED

Do people notice you in your classic Z on the road?

deadflo

most of them wouldn't want to pay the price for a really nice classic z car though.

they sure are a lot of fun to drive and are very fuel efficient too!

There's a lot of truth to what you say. I've watched all of your eBay non sales over the last few months and no one seems to want to pay the price for yours. Okay guys, I'm done. He's back on my ignore list. I just thought I'd take a look at his post and see what he could posssibly have had to say since the last go round of rolling mileage updates. And I do mean rolling! Rock on, 280zx10!

That's happened to you too????? That's awesome. I got pulled over a few days after I got the car with no plates and all he wanted to know was "what kind of car is that?"

It seems like everytime I take the car out, some one notices. Sometimes they're young kids, sometime they're older people who remember the car. Being that rust thrives up here in nw Indiana, there aren't many classic Z's left. So people get excited to see them. It seems the car is well recieved by everyone. The only semi-negative thing someone has ever said was "Little-miss-trying-to-be-a-Porche" And I told him I got rid of two of those cars for a reason.

LOL glad i am not the only one. I bought my z from a local in town so it's not like they haven't seen it in town before. It still doesn't stop them, oh well it must be that blue color that attracts them:p

I live in San Diego, Calif. In my neighborhood I am known as "the Z family". In the last 6 years my husband and I have owned 7 Z's. 3 for parts and 4 forr the road. The '73 240 screamed. Previous owned had a "cherrybomb" on the end of the tail-pipe. Over 100 decibles. The guy next door hated it. Sold it. My '74 260 was my workhorse. That car would drive me to hell & back. 280 head, 280 block, 240 SU's( the good ones) and all the power I would ever need. Sold her.

Now the '77 I am selling has more power than I can use. She is like right off the showroom floor. A little over 47,000 original miles. She is what we call a "low flyer". 135 so far(up hill and picking up speed).

And last but not least my '75 280 Z is my beauty. I named her "Car-Car".

She is the best of them all even with the Toyota Gray paint. I can take her into a 45 m.p.h. turn at 100 + and she won't budge or squeal. She hugs the turns just like I hug my pillows! LOL!!!

She always turns heads.

Stacey Pike- Cornish

"Drive Fast- Take Chances"

San Diego, Calif

You can hear my car looooooong before you see it. Most of the time, people's expressions read something like, "Where the heck is that airplane going to......oh."

Since I got the car out of the shop last week, complete with the new pipes, I know what you mean. The sound gets them first. Now, with my shiny new paint the car gets noticed a LOT. Before, with the drab, faded silver paint & stock exhaust, I got about as much notice as I did driving the Corolla...

I have got compliments almost every day since I got the car out, be it a simple thumbs up (several), or getting chased down and gawked at by the ricer boyz in their Civic (Weds.), or having a MILF in the a brand new Mustang GT roll up and tell me how nice my car looked and how she had a '78 herself (yesterday).

Life is good ;-)

I better get ( another) new exhaust! LOL

I can barely hear mine inside the car, and not at all with the window up and the radio on. I gotta look at the tacho, and pop the throttle, to see if the engine is on. I'm not sure that with the exhaust so quiet, I won't be allowed to go on any car cruises with the musclecar people.