IGNORED

Anyone here drive thier Z during the Winter ?

WingZr0

Mine goes in the shed about now til April, but when I was a young gaffer I used to drive my 71 240 year round (as did my brother - he had one as well). I didn't get to destroy mine with salt because I had a slip sliding type accident and tore the passenger side open from asshole to appitite - I threw a tarp over it and never drove it again. I sold to a guy who fixed her up and wrote it off on a freeway (frontend loader).

My brother on the other hand drove his for four years, year round and the car went to the scrapyard as dust - floors, frame, body panels rotted through and through - it was an embarassment to have in the driveway. Salt and Zs don't like each other.

Side note - it was a crappy car in the snow, way too light - no traction and too low.

Well seeing that my Z was in the garage all spring and summer. I finally got it running so today I pulled it out of the garage and drove it for the FIRST time up and down my street. The old man at the end chased me with a rake...again. Then back into the garage she went. I kinda need to take care of the rust hole in the front left frame next to the sugar scoop and in the rear on the flat above the tail lights. So it looks like she will stay garaged for the winter. LOL Good thing too cuz she also doesn't have a passenger door or either fender and it rains like heck around here till about may.

i haven't even driven my z yet in the 4 years i owned it :cry: so i cant say much about driving it,much less in the snow,

but my dad said when he had his 280z along time ago, i think it was around 1980-81, he drove it around in the snow in South Dakota.

he said it wasn't too bad, the narrow tires helped, but the wheels were set too close together in order to follow the ruts already made in the snow.

I live 35 miles north of Seattle, We get a crap load of rain and the occasional foot of snow.....

Dave.

That's the biggest snow penis I've ever seen....

No, I don't drive during winters in Indiana. All the fun cars go away. (Even the stainless steel ones)

thought i would share this with you guys, seems kinda fitting. someone just asked me if i would bring my z up to college, which is in Houghton Michigan, annual snowfall goes above 200" pretty often. so probably not, don't think the z would quite hack it up here. on the plus side they don't salt roads up here so not as much worry about rust:)

I'm in Pennsylvania, salt & road chemical capital of the USA (when they have enough tax money to buy it - but that's another story tied in with over-paid politicians who give themselves pay raises in the middle of the night). I will not take the Z out unless it is dry or very frozen, so she doesn't get too much exercise in the winter months. The last one that I had I took everywhere in any weather. She's now deceased from a really bad case of rust. Live and learn.