IGNORED

Preliminary pics of ZCON

westpak

Dang, I recognize a lot of the cars there!

That white 240 behind the ropes in Pic #1 looks like 000016, the first Z sold in the US. With that car and a bunch of the others from Suncoast Z Cars (Tampa) I see, we're representin' well! I'm just pissed I can't be out there!

Yes it is 000016

You welcome for the pics, will have more tomorrow of the track day and autox and yes as mentioned we are in Daytona Beach International Speedway.

The amount of S30's is inZane I keep having to wipe drool off my face

Thanks for the great pics. I just started a new federal job and was not able to attend. Just think in a few months those stalls where the cars were parked will be filled with some awesome machinery when the 2008 Rolex 24 gets underway at the end of January.

Hi Gus (everyone):

I can't remember any convention that has had a larger turn-out of Z's for a show & shin, nor judged show. So far, none of the pictures relay the scope of all the garages at Daytona, filled with cars (3 cars per bay!) ... plus the cars that were there, that didn't have room inside. Must have had 200+ Z's there being cleaned/polished and then shown on Tuesday.

Hats off to the members of the Florida Z Association, that worked so hard to pull this off.

Vicki and I were only able to make it for Monday's Show & Shin, then Tuesday's show. We brought the BRE BAJA Z for display only, and were made quite welcome by everyone involved. Special thanks to Chris (26th Z) for picking us up at the track and hauling us down to the Hilton to take care of the paperwork needed to get into the track.

I'm sure glad I didn't have to maneuver the truck/trailer with the Z - in the tight quarters of downtown Daytona Beach, not to mention trying to get into and out of the Hilton's entrance.

Of course, for the people attending the convention, who are not there to conduct ZCCA business, the convention is all about the Z's and the people that bring them. Seeing old friends and meeting new one's. Sorry we couldn't stay longer... we had so little time to spend with each person...

Great Job.... please tell everyone involved we said THANKS!!

Carl

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL

http://ZHome.com

post-3609-14150801398882_thumb.jpg

Thanks for getting these early pics out for us "wish we were there" guys. I have looked forward to this convention for many months even though I knew I wouldn't be there. We are all there in spirit I suppose. Carl, the BRE BAJA Z is looking great! Can't wait for more pics!

As a witness at the show, I can assure you "those stalls where the cars were parked" were filled with some awesome machinery! check out the galleries-I just finished uploading 150ish pictures, and I have a few more to convert and upload. There were too many people I wanted to talk to, too many pictures I wanted to take, and not enough hours in the right place at the right time...I did get to shake Art Singers hand, look him in the eye and thank him for his part in some great magazines, and an early owners manual I bought from him.

I did get to see some great cars and talk to several people, I missed several people I wanted to speak with, but I did get to see and in most cases photograph their cars. The pictures do not do most of the justice-I took the photos at 7.1mp and lowered their resolution to post them. The cars were what the show was about, and our Florida hosts really showcased them in the track at Daytona! I gota say, I am already scheduling around going to Ohio for next year, and those guys have some serious shoes to fill-of course, if Mad Mike has anything to say about it, I am sure it will be with a smile, a glad hand, and a tall glass of liquid refreshment! You guys missed a heck of a show-and we missed you!

Will

Thanks Carl, it was great to meet you, wish it had been longer maybe next time.

Will those are some great shots and specially vantage point for the track shots. this event has really got me motivated to get back on the S30 hunt but has given me too many ideas for projects, beautiful Z's and major props go out to you guys that keep these gems looking like they do.

Here are some of the track event

Zcon17tn.jpg Zcon18tn.jpg Zcon19tn.jpg Zcon20tn.jpg

Zcon21tn.jpg Zcon22tn.jpg Zcon23tn.jpg Zcon24tn.jpg Zcon25tn.jpg

And I found a great picture spot

Zcon26tn.jpg

Thanks Gus,

I asked the Daytona International Speedway overseer for a high spot to take the pics from, and he arranged for a very nice lady to take me up to the observation deck of the press building for the track runs(there were three sets of two laps)! I was taking pictures at 7mp, and the lag time of the camera was a bit of an issue...

I figured, My car didn't get to come, make the most of it, get the best pictures you can, so I did!

Will

Will those are some great shots and specially vantage point for the track shots. this event has really got me motivated to get back on the S30 hunt but has given me too many ideas for projects, beautiful Z's and major props go out to you guys that keep these gems looking like they do.

Wow, thanks for posting, but those pictures are thumbnail size, at least on my computer.

Wow, thanks for posting, but those pictures are thumbnail size, at least on my computer.

Sorry this forum screws my postings up I fixed them in the quote below

Here are some of the track event

Zcon17.jpg Zcon18.jpg Zcon19.jpg Zcon20.jpg

Zcon21.jpg Zcon22.jpg Zcon23.jpg Zcon24.jpg Zcon25.jpg

And I found a great picture spot

Zcon26.jpg

Where is this show at? All those rides there have got to be sweet. Those s31 looks killer.

Love my 240z, but I think that the s31's are taking my heart. :love:

Just to bloody expensive to do any type of work on them. :hurt:

You mean S31 or Z31? because an S31 looks the same as an S30.