IGNORED

Source for Headlight Retaining Ring

TomoHawk

Unlike most of you other obvious milionaires, I do not go out and spend money hand-over-foot on the first thing people tell you to buy. Especially when somebody suggests you go buy something that isn't what you want.

And I dd look around. Z- catalogs, websites, even the local foreign auto parts boneyard.

Unlike most of you other obvious milionaires, I do not go out and spend money hand-over-foot on the first thing people tell you to buy. Especially when somebody suggests you go buy something that isn't what you want.

And I dd look around. Z- catalogs, websites, even the local foreign auto parts boneyard.

Okay then. What would be wrong with just reading the responses and using what you can use and disregarding what you can't?

Stephen,

If you just ignore reponses, or not discuss anything, then people who are researching this same thing will be at a loss. No discussion is complete without opinions from both sides.

I haven't been able to inquire at the dealer yet, but I usually expect them to charge a little more. Sometimes you get lucky and you can get a good deal. the $15 you mention is a little better than MSA, but I originally expected to pay about $10 or less, each for new ones, or about $5 or less for boneyard parts.

thx

Okay then. What would be wrong with just reading the responses and using what you can use and disregarding what you can't?

Let's see Tommy, the SUBJECT of your thread is "Source for HEADLIGHT RETAINING RING" (emphasis mine).

You were given two links to check.

The name for the part at site number one, that is Z Specialties:

"Headlight Ring, 70-78 240Z-260Z-280Z"

At site number two, that is MSA the name is:

"Headlight Retaining Ring '70-78"

Seems to me that Austen did a fine job of finding you two links and quickly too. He deserves the Boy Scout award for having done a good deed.

You on the other hand, don't even bother to go and check them out. Instead you question the use of a "specialty" shop, when that's just the shop' name. Then you question why MSA is involved and decide to give them a bad plug too.

The price at BOTH of those links is under $20 as you stated your shop guy mentioned. Was it because it wasn't at a "common place" that you decided to ... once again ... poo-pooh all the help you've received?

If you can get up off your lazy behind and find them cheaper....then say and DO so. If on the other hand you expect others to find them for you, then don't belittle them when they DO help you. Otherwise, expect responses such as this.

Raise both arms, cross them over your head, grab your ears and pull up hard, maybe then you'll pull your head out of your .......

Make sure the edges of your AFDB are smoothed out though.

E

And I did look around. Z- catalogs, websites, even the local foreign auto parts boneyard.

OK so you don't have any yet, by the time you drive all over with gas prices at $$$ would it have been cheaper in the long run just to spend the $$$ and buy what you know fits?

Its not a matter of being made of money, its a matter of common sense and logic.

...If you just ignore reponses, or not discuss anything, then people who are researching this same thing will be at a loss. No discussion is complete without opinions from both sides.

In your case, no discussion is EVER complete. You'll change your opinion half-way through to "fully discuss" all the possible points that you can possibly hallucinate and not make sense at the beginning, middle or end of the "discussion".

You've stated it before, all you wish to do is argue the point.

E

I bought mine about three years ago at the dealer. 26023-89910 is the part number they should still be available. As I recall, the were about 15 bucks apiece. Try: http://www.nissanparts.cc/ Call them with the part number and they can tell you the status.

You don't even have to call them; you can enter the part number on their web page and get immediate feedback regarding the status of the part:

http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=26023-89910

You don't even have to call them; you can enter the part number on their web page and get immediate feedback regarding the status of the part:

http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=26023-89910

The only problem is the status on the website is usually wrong. I've tried to order numerous things from them that they show as "ships in 4-10 days" that is actually no longer available.

I've tried to order numerous things from them that they show as "ships in 4-10 days" that is actually no longer available.

Ah, good point. Hopefully if you call them as Stephen suggested they'll have more accurate information. I've seen too many cases where the person on the phone is just reading to you off of the same web page that you're looking at.

That's why I suggested calling. I have purchased from them many times over the last few years. I always check the availability first. I speak with Russell Moore, the Internet parts manager or Lisa Alexander the Internet director, no one else. They both will let you know whether a part is available or not and even how many they have in stock or have access to. And their prices are always lower than msrp. I bought things from them the some eBay seller claim are nla. All you need it part numbers.

Stephen,

If you just ignore reponses, or not discuss anything, then people who are researching this same thing will be at a loss. No discussion is complete without opinions from both sides.

We're talking about a set of headlight rings here. Not carbureators, fuel injectors, suspension components or anything of that type of nature. How much research, discussion, debate, argument, etc. should that require? If you need them, just go get them by whatever means you deem proper for you, since you don't seem to impressed with much of what has been offered here. You seem to have an idea of how much you're willing to spend on them. I offered a suggestion. That's all. I wasn't looking for a discussion. When I decided I needed a new set, I didn't come here to bounce ideas off of the members of this site in order to help me make a decision. I did my research, and I went out and got them.