IGNORED

Unobtainium on ebay!

er34gtt2000jp

OM MY GOODNESS.,...

Home Boy need to drop prices like WalMart....

I have dealt with that seller before. I didn't buy anything big or expensive, but it WAS good. Yes, he's proud of his stuff, but on the other hand, his stuff is damn good. Only potential buyers can decide whether the price is too high for their tastes.

Well, this is the free market "supply and demand" thing at work. Sales on eBay never cease to surprise me. If someone does not buy it during this offering, they very well may several weeks later. There are likely dozens of these things sitting around in various states of condition. I think I still have one or two used ones sitting out in the garage.... but I can assure you that they are not in the same condition that the one being offered for sale is. If someone is finishing off a restoration, this would be a nice piece to have. The asking price - in my opinion (which is worth very little because it's not mine, nor do I want or need one) is very high and it gives me a chuckle. To an individual who wants or needs one, they may be reaching for their wallet as we discuss this. Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and the time that they want to spend looking for it will have a direct relationship to the price paid.

A got a lot, & I mean a lot, of electrical work done by this guy a long while back. He is good, very good. At the same time, & this is my own personal opinion, is that he's a questionable business person.

All I'm saying is he gave a quote, said xyz needed extra repairs & that it would only be a "little" more. When it came time to pay up, the price doubled.

I would not & will not deal with him in the future. But I will give credit where credit is due, he does do some excellent work.

Interstingly, I purchased a clock over a year ago from him on eBay (back when they were $89) and when it arrived, it did not work. I contacted him and he made me pay the shipping to send it back, as well as made me pay shipping a second time to get it back to me after he fixed it. I felt that since he did not send me a working clock, he should have paid for all the additional shipping. He may do excellent work most of the time, but that experience has kept me from doing any business with him since then...

...he made me pay the shipping to send it back, as well as made me pay shipping a second time to get it back to me after he fixed it. I felt that since he did not send me a working clock, he should have paid for all the additional shipping...

He should have paid for the shipping, sent you annother one right out, appologized profusely and sincluded you a new Voltage Regulator cover-then $3.95 for your trouble!

In a small market, you want to be the only place your customer buys from, not the place they only buy from once.

Will

Interstingly, I purchased a clock over a year ago from him on eBay (back when they were $89) and when it arrived, it did not work. I contacted him and he made me pay the shipping to send it back, as well as made me pay shipping a second time to get it back to me after he fixed it. I felt that since he did not send me a working clock, he should have paid for all the additional shipping. He may do excellent work most of the time, but that experience has kept me from doing any business with him since then...

That is B.S. he made you pay the freight charge on a defective unit. At that point, what choice did you have, but I would have definitely left him a scathing feedback after I got the working part back. I have been looking at a reworked clock as well, I will have to double check the to see if its the same guy.

No, that's Ron down in Seal Beach, Ca. No personal dealings with him but I've never heard anything but good things about him. The guy on eBay is in San Diego.

Here's a plug for Zclocks.com: I sent him my original, non-working clock 3 years ago. He replaced the working mechanism with quartz and it's worked fine since. Very fast service, and reasonable cost too.