IGNORED

Fire!!!!!!

FairladyZS30

did it...all i hear is a screech im guessing some how the drive shaft is rubbing....its cuz i swaped the engine and tranny it was a l28...do you think the drive shaft is right?

If the problem started immediately after the swap, I would guess the drive shaft is too long. It should have about and inch of free movement lengthwise.

The screech may not be related to what caused the fire.

Did you get under and see what was burned? Did you move the exhaust or put a hole in it? That would be my first guess.

Darrel... You know you're going to burn in hell with replies like that! But damn you're funny!! ROFLROFL

Its not just the transmission, now his engine is on fire too:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=27586

Had you posted that information in this thread. I would have suggested your overflow on you flow bowls is leaking. What does it do when it leaks? It squirts petrol right onto your exhaust manifold/pipe.

Its not just the transmission, now his engine is on fire too:

Wow! Maybe he has a record for the longest lasting car fire. Quick call Guinness!

If it is gas/carb fire...

Seriously though, this is some scary sh*#. Please be careful and try to not get burned. I had second and third degree burns over half my body from just 1/2 cup of gas igniting twelve feet from me. They had to cut some skin off (No shots just Xacto'ed me and peeled) and pain meds didn't do squat. My lips almost fused together and my ears had gristle like a well done steak. The pain pierced my sleep and I had nightmares for a month while my body dealt with the tormentous pain. Thank God for Silvadene! I watched skin grow back quick with that stuff.

Hopefully I've given you some glimpse into why I'm saying BE CAREFUL. Work outdoors when it's breezy and keep yourself upwind of any fumes. Wait for any spilt gasoline to completely evaporate before starting the engine...Blah blah I could go on forever with safety precautions. If the fire is indeed coming from your carbs you had better have a fire extingusher handy. Wear gloves and a long sleeve shirt before starting so that if you do have to fight the fire. You can get a few seconds more in before you have to back off. You might think you've put the fire out, get closer and have it flash on you... Another reason to wear some protection.

Best yet, Get someone knowlegable to help determine and fix the problem with you.

2c

Jim

well i fix my carb problem ...just took a while with the ol' screw driver =] but the dirve shaft is still a problem..... it keeps squeeling and smokes and it smeels and its pissing me off...come on got a new engine in the car and would love too do a lil speeding here

come on got a new engine in the car and would love too do a lil speeding here

The inane comment above is not really going to help you get good suggestions. Just saying.

If you want to get some help with your problem, you might have to actually get under the car (and possibly even get dirty!) in order to give us the kind of information that we'll need in order to help you.

Fire! Squeaking! Squealing!

Okay, fine. Where? Have you been under the car to look? Give more info, and you'll get better responses. Get some eyeballs on the problem and put some effort into this, and you might get the help you need to solve your problem, or (wow!) you might actually be able to solve it yourself.

On the other hand, if you just want someone to take wild guesses and give bad information, you're better off at zcar.com.