IGNORED

Nissan Decompensating

Mckrack

Can someone explain to me why I/we should feel threatened by the Altima Coupe? It's just another car. It has nothing to do with the Z old or new. If anything its a smaller version of the G35. If you own an older Z (S30) why do you even care what Nissan does. It won't effect your car since they haven't made parts for it in years but still have some that can be had. But if you want them to fail and not be in the car making business, then maybe you should start to worry. Your communist plot idea might switch to junkyards. You'll start blaming them for charging outragous prices for nuts and bolts. "But its only nuts and bolts" - "Ah but they're Nissan/Datsun nuts and bolts"

When I'm in Daytona I'll make sure to look over my shoulder often.

Want to complain about a car, complain about the new Sentra. Now thats butt ugly IMO.

The Geico reference was great. I'm still laughing about it.

I don't like the Altima because it looks like the 350z and the G35. It doesn't have a unique look of its own. Design team is really lacking in originality and imagination.

The new Altima, 350z, G35/37 and the Skyline all look the same roughly, but with each their own styling ques, but with most of it looking the same. Then they all have the same motor, but with different numbers and drive systems.

So what the Altima is FWD. It pushes 270hp, weighs 300lbs less then a 350z so it can very well turn out to be a touch faster then the 350z. Then if the FWD system is set up right and the suspension is good all around it can do very well on the track. Plus this too is quickly going to turn into a tuner/ricer mobile with all the ready mods that are out there. Its only $2k less then a 350z, and all that it really looks like is that the 350z offers RWD instead. Sure it has more power, but the weight is much lower of the Altima, and I would not be surprised at all if the Altima does better 0 to 60 and around a track then the Z.

The Z should have gotten a nice upgrade a while ago all around, but the Z car has been neglected and seems to have been replaced by several other similar cars.

If I wasn't such a Z fan, this would be my $25k sports car of choice in that price range, but

#1 because it is FWD

and

#2 I am a Z fan and dislike how the Z seems to be copied and not even mildly redesigned.

I don't like this car

This is typical marketing by Nissan. They get someone in the 20's that can't afford a 350 and they tease them with a peppy, nice looking, somewhat fun car to drive. Then in 3.5-5 years when the come back, they are more established in their careers, have a second income, or have a rich relative that has died recently and they have more disposible cash to throw at a more expensive, more impressive car. It's done all the time, i.e. Infiniti, Acura, Lexus.

Did anyone else notice on the commercial they boast that it starts at $20K? Read the fine print. The red one in the commercial was 31k! You could get a decent REAL Z for $11,000!

Did anyone else notice on the commercial they boast that it starts at $20K? Read the fine print. The red one in the commercial was 31k! You could get a decent REAL Z for $11,000!

EVERY manufacturer does that. There's a good chance the Altima coupe buyer wants a back seat, something that the Z doesn't offer. Probably cheaper insurance... Not afraid to drive it in the winter up north... Like I said the only thing they have in common is the VQ35.

The thing that bugs me the most is the theft of the three gauge design. They didn't even have the ability to design the dash differently. The car is a piece of $^!#. Yes they have neglected the car that got them there and that is our cars. I will even put the 350z in that same class. Now the Company will fall and fall hard. I for one don't give a crap if they go out of business. All their cars now are clones of themselves. Plus the French guy has to go and he can thake Reneault or how ever you spell the damn anti American French don't want to help our Country in the Middle East ***** car with him.

The thing that bugs me the most is the theft of the three gauge design. They didn't even have the ability to design the dash differently. The car is a piece of $^!#. Yes they have neglected the car that got them there and that is our cars. I will even put the 350z in that same class. Now the Company will fall and fall hard. I for one don't give a crap if they go out of business. All their cars now are clones of themselves. Plus the French guy has to go and he can thake Reneault or how ever you spell the damn anti American French don't want to help our Country in the Middle East ***** car with him.

And because they don't want to help they should be excecuted?(I am not French)

Don't be fooled friends there are messages being sent that you don't even know exist until it's too later and you are being sucked in to their game.

Me thinks you have been sucked in already and are trying to suck in the rest of us . . . . .

Yes and yes. They wouldn't even be around if it weren't for us saving their asses in WW11. Now that Frenchman can take his ball and go home. Yes for sure I have always considered my Z a work of art and one of the design rationals for that decision is the 3 gauge design and now it's in the Altima. I feel like puking. Dirty bastards.