IGNORED

#305 on Ebay

Originally Posted by Mckrack

I hope after you have considered my response that you might agree.

Oh BTW I don't think that this comment I made was at all disrespectful. Am I missing something? Again have a good weekend.

Alan and Carl, I cringed at both your postings.

You know, somehow I find that strangely comforting. ;-)

Alan, your original comment smacked of condescension, not sure if it was intended or simply a mild mis-step.

You may well have read me right. But my condescension is possibly a little more tongue-in-cheek than you might imagine, and Carl gives just as good as he gets anyway. It's a two-way street. You're going to have your work cut out if you are volunteering to be referee in that particular contest :-)

I was post #2

Aha! Noted - and with a red face. I'll leave my foot in my mouth a little longer as a kind of penance. Sorry.

However who in the world is this Alan T person.

Well, the abridged version ( possibly better suited to your attention span? ) is that - in the world of the first generation Z car at least - I'm nobody. That's something that both you and I have in common. Next question?

I can't hold back that's a professional version of arrogance mate.

Nice to converse with a man who knows professionalism when he sees it. On the other hand I find it slightly disappointing that you don't seem to be able to imitate it ( [D*ck van Dyke fake 'Cockney' accent] mate [/D*ck van Dyke fake 'Cockney' accent] ).

The first 500 cars manufactured by Nissan known as the Datsun 240z in my opinion are the most valuable Z cars in the World today.

You have a half-hidden talent for comedy. Don't hide your light under a bushel. You can use the 'SEARCH' function on the forum to find out that your opinion is ill-informed.

Now if there were Z Cars manufactured prior to the first 500 and they ended up somewhere other then the U.S. then I would appreciate someone letting me know.

You're making a great Bud Costello to my Lou Abbott. Here's the punch line:

For the 1969 calendar year, Nissan Shatai ( that's the factory that actually made 'our' cars ) reported in writing that they had made a total of 1,512 'S30-series' Z cars.

Of that 1,512 Z cars, 543 were categorised as 'Export' models. Note that this does not mean that all 543 of these 'Export' models were 'HLS30' VIN-prefixed cars, nor that they were all actually sent to the USA and Canada.

Of that 1,512 Z cars, 969 were categorised as 'Domestic' models. 'Domestic' ( just a little reminder for you ) in this case being Japan. A few of those 969 cars, and some of their brothers and sisters that were born slightly later, are now some of the most monetarily valuable and 'collectable' Z cars in the world today.

Calm down it's only a car.

You must be kidding. This is a life and death struggle we are dealing with here..........

LOL

Alan T.

I go to a technology challenged Family Reunion(no internet)-get no news on my rally clock, disrespect in the posts..., and Chris gets #17...PH!

I'll be in Jacksonville(Huguenot Park) Tues through Thurs, if you guys pass that way call me...

Will

Econ 101 - the value of a thing is what someone is willing to pay for it. So if any of you really feel either of these cars (51 or 305) are worth $10k, you can prove it with your wallet. I might watch, but I will not be buying.

With respect and without prejudice (you gotta tread the threads carefully sometimes around here). "IMO" should sometimes be rewriten IMM-IO "In my mis-informed opinion"

Wahoo, I'm the 4th "non US resident" person on this thread. Do I get a prize???? (Clears throat with gusto, pauses then.....)

I have a sub 500 HS30 and hope that the price of them rockets just after I have finished the rebuild (not yet as I need parts). But IMO, it's a high price to pay in todays money. What the future holds is pure speculation.

The first 500 cars manufactured by Nissan known as the Datsun 240z in my opinion are the most valuable Z cars in the World today. Now if there were Z Cars manufactured prior to the first 500 and they ended up somewhere other then the U.S. then I would appreciate someone letting me know. If not whether they ended up in Australia or Tahiti they are still again in my opinion the most valuable Z cars of any series on planet Earth.QUOTE]

McKrack, have fallen into the trap? Nissan made two kinds of 240z, the HS30 and the HLS30. So to be true to your word, you need to edit your statement to "The first 1000" or "The first 500 HLS30's (240z)". Or did you mean 250 x HS30 and 250 x HLS30? But good for you that you consider the "240Z" to be the most valueable out of all the series. That's showing a one eyed passion for the marquet, I like your work. I for one disagree, but that's my opinion, but I'd say that the 432, and 432R would be just a tad more valueable. Just my opinion, nothing else intended or implied.

What is more valuable? A sub 500 HLS30 (or HS30) as it is generally felt by some people that these cars are valueable because it was these cars that dragged Nissan into many many garages around the planet, yes more so in the USA. Or value derived by the dollar/pound or dirham amount that it fetches when it is sold. Now that's another opinion that could be up for discussion.

Isn't it easy to read between the lines these days.

Not being picky nor yank bagging, just being globally PC and trying to ensure that we all have a nice day.

Thank you for clarifying that for me I appreciate it. I am sincere and I am not being sarcastic. You know these cars have sentimental attachment to people and I guess if one of my first cars was a Yugo then I would be probably as passionate.

Enjoy the week.

I just read Alan's post above and I thank him for the information. He is obviously more educated with respect to these cars then I am. Having said this I wish he could be just a tad less obnoxious about it. Can't wait to meet you someday Al. Now I have to go my wife is calling me to have breakfast she's making liver.

I go to a technology challenged Family Reunion(no internet)-get no news on my rally clock, disrespect in the posts..., and Chris gets #17...PH!

I'll be in Jacksonville(Huguenot Park) Tues through Thurs, if you guys pass that way call me...

Will

Yeah - Things are rolling right along here, which reminds me. How'd you make out in the wheelbarrow race?