IGNORED

#305 on Ebay

That may be true but, aside from Ron in Canada, no one in this thread so far resides outside those borders, except you. I still stand by that quote. As far as the worldwide thing goes, that's all good to know and I enjoy reading about it but it just doesn't apply in this case. I'm not attempting to be narrow minded or 'Americacentric' or whatever the term is. It's just that we (there's that word again!) were talking about American market cars for sale in America.

That may be true but, aside from Ron in Canada, no one in this thread so far resides outside those borders, except you. I still stand by that quote.

I noticed that you used the term "we" when you yourself had not actually posted on the thread ( unless I missed that? ). There's part of my point right there; This is not a conversation between a bunch of acquaintances being conducted across a bar-room table. This is the internet, and the thread will become part of a resource that can be referenced by anyone with 'net access for some years to come. Hence the need ( I think ) to make it more clear as to what we are talking about. Especially as the topic in question is based around the subject of Japanese cars, rather than American cars.

As far as the worldwide thing goes, that's all good to know and I enjoy reading about it but it just doesn't apply in this case. I'm not attempting to be narrow minded or 'Americacentric' or whatever the term is. It's just that we (there's that word again!) were talking about American market cars for sale in America.

The cars in question are 'for sale' on eBay. That means that anyone with an eBay account ( anywhere in the World ) is able to bid on them, or ask somebody to bid for them on their behalf. It would not take much effort to get in touch with the seller direct either - so anything is possible. I myself could - arguably - make anoffer on them ( taking advantage of the low relative value of the $US against British Sterling ) and end up with a feasibly restorable low-VIN 'HLS30' model for not much more than I would have to stump up for a fairly bad condition UK market car. There's a different perspective of relative value for you.

You see my point? Once cars get to a certain level of perceived relative value, then the powers of the WORLD market come into play - in just the same way that they do in the markets for art, antiques and other portable items. International borders and shipping / duty costs start to be less of a hindrance and disincentive, and items will move around more. This will affect prices, and anybody who thinks that they are still looking at a local garage-sale situation is going to get the occasional surprise.

I think we should all remember the true implication of terms like "1969 production Z cars" and "the Collector Z Car Community" when we use them on international internet-based forums. To do so is to be wise, and I think that has got to be a good thing.

Alan T.

That may be true but, aside from Ron in Canada, no one in this thread so far resides outside those borders, except you. I still stand by that quote. As far as the worldwide thing goes, that's all good to know and I enjoy reading about it but it just doesn't apply in this case. I'm not attempting to be narrow minded or 'Americacentric' or whatever the term is. It's just that we (there's that word again!) were talking about American market cars for sale in America.

At least review the thread prior to making that comment....it's hard to maintain a Z in the northern tundra...proud Canadian here...

Alan and Carl, I cringed at both your postings.

Oh dear. 'The Z World' seems to have retreated to the confines of USA territory again.
As I keep reminding you ( and you keep ignoring ) the real "price leaders in the Collector Z Car community" are certain cars in Japan that your "Serious Collectors" in the USA ( ha ha ) have not yet added to their collections.

Alan, your original comment smacked of condescension, not sure if it was intended or simply a mild mis-step. This is the internet so we can't see your face (I know you used a smiley...but I think tone is what generated 1/2 the reaction).

Oh yea gad... it never ends.

This entire thread has been about the 240-Z's offered for sale here in North America.... I see no reason for you to attempt to hijack the thread - yet again - to turn the subject of discussion to the few Z's sold in Japan.

Nor do I see any reason that within the context nor subject of this discussion thread - I should have to make all manor of disclaimers, exceptions, nor references to, any other vehicles outside the context of the current discussion.

If you would like to discuss the resale market and cars in Japan - please start another thread related to that subject.

Carl, simply put you overreacted. In this day and age we are importing JDM cars left, right and center. When trying to establish a market value on a vehicle deemed collectible, I believe overseas valuations must have bearing at some point (note that a rusty, unrestored HLS30 hasn't reached that point...).

The balance on this one is whether #51 or #305 simply have significance to the North American market or possibly on a global scale. This specific point of reference market was not broached prior to Alan's comment, but nowhere in the thread had the North American market been specifically designated the market (although this might have been implied). Based on the your "snarky" comments, you would seem to be in relative agreement on this: while late '69 cars may have some specific relevance in the North American market, that is diluted or diminished on a worldwide scale.

Now both of you go to your rooms. If you can't make nice you won't get any cookies...

I noticed that you used the term "we" when you yourself had not actually posted on the thread ( unless I missed that? ).

I was post #2

At least review the thread prior to making that comment....it's hard to maintain a Z in the northern tundra...proud Canadian here...

I did but apparently not close enough. (going to my room now also......)

Well Well Well, we seem to have a bit of a disagreement in some aspects of this thread. I disagreed with Mr. Beck a bit but I do have the utmost respect for Carl and his knowledge and most of the time learn something from him each and every time he responds and posts things. I read with a trace of caution what this fellow her Majesty says foir he has eluded on more then one occasion that I am not who I say I am and became quite disrespectful doing so. However who in the world is this Alan T person. I can't hold back that's a professional version of arrogance mate. Calm down it's only a car.

Whew!

One more thing with all due respect. If I am correct it seems that His or Her Majesty or what ever it is seems to be siding with Alan from the UK. " Thank you Alan " thank you for what Majesty for being arrogant. I rest my case now I will go to my room. I.m so glad I added my opinion regarding 51. It really brought the best out in me hahahaha.

No Stephen not at all. I don't think opinionating that some one is being arrogant means that I am being disrespectful to anyone. I am stating my opinion but I am not doing it in a disrespectful way I am just pointing out my perception of the attitude not the content. I hope after you have considered my response that you might agree.

As for the disrespect I think that specifically Mr. T or Alan or Alan T was being disrespectful to Mr. Beck. Anyhow let's get back to the content of the thread. 305 and 51 are being sold through an owner who lives in the United States of America. The first 500 cars manufactured by Nissan known as the Datsun 240z in my opinion are the most valuable Z cars in the World today. Now if there were Z Cars manufactured prior to the first 500 and they ended up somewhere other then the U.S. then I would appreciate someone letting me know. If not whether they ended up in Australia or Tahiti they are still again in my opinion the most valuable Z cars of any series on planet Earth. Wheather they are a mess or completely restored.

HAHAAA,

I always like reading these types of heated discussions,

I love you guys ^_^

Anybody besides me need a BEER?

That always seems to bring guys together ROFL

BTW I'll take a Historicle Japaness S30Z Racer over

a 500 Club Card anyday IMO rambo.gif

~Z~

this fellow her Majesty.............His or Her Majesty or what ever...........who in the world is this Alan T person.......

And this was all said with no disrespect intended?

I hope after you have considered my response that you might agree.

I don't. But don't bother answering to me. You aren't the first nor will you be the last person I don't agree with. We could try to get back on topic but the topic has been pretty much lost in all of this and I'm done here. I have no plans to buy either car. So my opinion is of little importance.