IGNORED

Hands up who's in Perth (or Australia...)

halz

Thanks Mike

Is other Europe and Japan?

I have #396 complianced Feb 1970.

Are first 500 vented hatch and 2 lever console?

and is that 500 world wide rhd?

Nick

Nick, I think you have just spotted a mistake in the book? or is it an oversight as no Jap production is given. If so then there figures are"rubbery" to say the least!

It must be remembered that the 240z appeared as the Fairlady Z with a 2L engine there, but the question remains how many zed's [2L to 2.8L] where produced in total?

Anyone with any answers?

The first 500 where all LHD, 500 was a production figure that Datsun [Nissan] needed for the vehicle to be recognised by whichever sports ruling body at the time as a production whatever car [racing,rally/whatever].

The earliest RHD is #004. I know the owner and it is maintained in showroom condition.

YO I'm from Melbourne Fellas.

Is this the same Z as pictured below and does Lindsay from the Z Shop know this person. He tells me they have the earliest know of 240z in the world but as Alan tells me this may be incorrect.

d:\my documents\gavin\lindsay%20w%20004-lge.jpg

Lindsay knows the person and the car. It was garaged there for a while last year.

Unfortunately, I can't download your uploaded pic, so I don't know what it is a photo of?

I was speaking to the owners son last week and he didn't mention that 004 had been sold, then again I didn't ask either. Send photo to 240z@universal.alphalink.com.au so I can see who you're talking about.

Guys, Does the car you are all obliquely refering to happen to belong to a certain TV vet? The NDSOC website displayes a picture of the car, names its owner and stts that its no.4. See attached pic.

post-1743-14150792108071_thumb.gif