IGNORED

'71 that was on Craigs list now on Ebay

Anyone else having trouble attaching JPGs lately? I tried last night and had no luck and tried twice this morning, once from home and again from work. In the 3 years I've been a member here, I've never had any trouble before.

I had trouble recently - the "manage attachments" button was gone - but it's back and I was able to attach a picture yesterday. At what point does it fail?

post-3294-14150800712874_thumb.jpg

Steve, you did an amazing job on the orange car! I'll bet part of you is sorry to see her go.

Thanks for the compliment, Deadflo. Yes, I really didn't like to see her go, but what else do you do when you need the cash? Since college tuition is so expensive, I had no other choice. I'm really glad that my wife was alright with me spending a portion of the sale for another Z project.

MikeW, I still can't attach the pics. The "Manage Attachements" button has been there the whole time, but the uploading function isn't working. I'll try again later.

Lonetreesteve,

I feel for you, and may be joining you - I need to generate some cash, and with 2 cars in the garage, my 240Z may be going as well.

I am struggling with this, yet don't see any other options. Part of it is that my E-Type needs some TLC and I can't split the focus (and dollars) between the 240Z and the Jag. Since my Jag is untouchable, the only option I see is the Datsun...:(

Steve:

Glad to see you're back at it again with another project! Quick couple questions...

1) Did you buy the car straight off Craigslist, or did you also see it in person?

2) If you bought it without personally inspecting it, how did the transaction go? Any problems with titling/transport?

3) I have a spare set of seat covers (like the ones you used on the recently sold Z) that you may be interested in...:cheeky:

(I'm asking only because I'm looking for my next project since my Z is in reassembly, and everything interesting is at least 500 miles from me, so I may have to buy blind:stupid:)

Thanks,

Steve

Steve:

Glad to see you're back at it again with another project! Quick couple questions...

1) Did you buy the car straight off Craigslist, or did you also see it in person?

2) If you bought it without personally inspecting it, how did the transaction go? Any problems with titling/transport?

3) I have a spare set of seat covers (like the ones you used on the recently sold Z) that you may be interested in...:cheeky:

(I'm asking only because I'm looking for my next project since my Z is in reassembly, and everything interesting is at least 500 miles from me, so I may have to buy blind:stupid:)

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'll try to answer your questions in the order you asked them:

I bought the car right off of Craigslist without seeing it in person. The seller was great to deal with. He took a bunch of additional pictures of the car for me and then e-mailed them to me. He even drove the car about 25 miles away to the auto carrier pick up point. Before I made the commitment to purchase the car, he gave me a complete description of the car and what work was done to it. The transaction went very well with no problems whatsoever. The transportation from Phoenix to my body man's place in Northwest Denver was about $670.00.

As far as the seat covers are concerned, yes I am very interested, please send me a PM.

Thanks

Hi Steve,

I'll try to answer your questions in the order you asked them:

I bought the car right off of Craigslist without seeing it in person. The seller was great to deal with. He took a bunch of additional pictures of the car for me and then e-mailed them to me. He even drove the car about 25 miles away to the auto carrier pick up point. Before I made the commitment to purchase the car, he gave me a complete description of the car and what work was done to it. The transaction went very well with no problems whatsoever. The transportation from Phoenix to my body man's place in Northwest Denver was about $670.00.

As far as the seat covers are concerned, yes I am very interested, please send me a PM.

Thanks

Just noticed Steve your new Z is a 904 white with blue interior. Not many of us have that combo. Congrats.

Lonetreesteve,

I feel for you, and may be joining you - I need to generate some cash, and with 2 cars in the garage, my 240Z may be going as well.

I am struggling with this, yet don't see any other options. Part of it is that my E-Type needs some TLC and I can't split the focus (and dollars) between the 240Z and the Jag. Since my Jag is untouchable, the only option I see is the Datsun...:(

Rich,

That is a shame. The Jaguar E-type and the 240Z need to be in the same garage together. Find a cheaper Jaguar mechanic?? :ermm:

There must be something in the air as I have just about sold the Toyota Celica and it should be gone by the end of this month. Finishing the degree and new career beckons and not enough time to devote to all of the cars in my signature line. I suspect that I'll have to move within the next two years as the potential commute (50 miles each way) is going to chew up alot of time.

Just noticed Steve your new Z is a 904 white with blue interior. Not many of us have that combo. Congrats.

Mark,

I am still in awe of the silver with red interior for the 240Z although the more I see the white/blue or blue/blue combination the more I like it.

My car is 904 white with a blue interior also. The PO put in some black seat covers (with blue piping), but those seats are at the upholstery shop right now....I'm having them rebuilt with new foam and OEM-style blue covers.

Rich,

That is a shame. The Jaguar E-type and the 240Z need to be in the same garage together. Find a cheaper Jaguar mechanic?? :ermm:

There must be something in the air as I have just about sold the Toyota Celica and it should be gone by the end of this month. Finishing the degree and new career beckons and not enough time to devote to all of the cars in my signature line. I suspect that I'll have to move within the next two years as the potential commute (50 miles each way) is going to chew up alot of time.

Bob,

Not 100% sure it will happen - I may try to sell off some things I have lying around on eBay, maybe my wheels and tires if I can find some junkyard steel wheels. I do sorely want to keep the Z and my wife is being totally cool about it. Unfortunately, I need to fence my property since I have 2 young children. With an acre of property, it won't be cheap.

Good luck on the degree, I finished a Master's 2 years ago, the commitment needed to do that was tremendous, can't believe I actually finished!