IGNORED

So I hear they are making a Speed Racer movie.

Don't get your hopes up, but did anyone see this at the West Coast Nationals?

http://motorsportauto.com/Show/Sunday/gallery1-small/pages/P4292672.htm

HA HA HA ! ROFL

Thats freakin AWSOME !

post-13541-14150800558462_thumb.jpg

HERE GOES MY VOTE FOR TRIXIE :D

Leah Dizon! 20 years old and Shes BIG in Japan.

She started out as a Import Car Model.

Model, Singer, Actress, Whole 9 yards.

All I have to say is Google Search my friends, Google search.

If these photos can't convience you, I CAN'T help you :DROFL

http://www.leahdizon.com/store.php

http://www.leah-dizon.net/

post-13541-14150800560541_thumb.jpg

~Z~

post-13541-1415080055871_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150800559094_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150800559431_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150800559701_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150800559944_thumb.jpg

post-13541-14150800560292_thumb.jpg

At the risk of branding myself as 'old' and/or 'ignorant', who is Speed Racer, and why should I care if they make a movie about him/her/it?

Arne, no worries of being branded as old...though I do not know your age. Speed Racer was the first Japanimation show to hit the US back in the '60s and there is still a very strong following. If you don't know Speed Racer then you likely will not care that there is a movie. For those who know and liked the cartoon it's kinda cool to see it coming back around in a new incarnation some 40+ years later. There is no way, of course, that is can ever compare with the original...as is usually the case with most things.

For those who know and liked the cartoon....
I wouldn't really call it a cartoon; it makes me think of Peanuts or Ziggy. It's an animated TV series for sure. See here. In Japanese, his name is Go Mifune which should explain the occurances of the "G" and "M" you see on his car and clothing.

DYK- the engine in the Mach 5 could spin 24,000 RPM and had 5,000 horsepower? :eek: There were 52 episodes. Coincidence?

DYK- the engine in the Mach 5 could spin 24,000 RPM and had 5,000 horsepower? :eek: There were 52 episodes. Coincidence?

Did you say 5,000 Horsepower 24k RPM? .... Pops racer built a mean engine back in tha day ROFL

I bought the Speedracer Mach 5 play car set (1/12 scale I think) from Japan via a comic book cataloge and it's totally cool!

It has the real Spinning Saw Blades up front that extend,

Real rubber tires (no off road belts),

Glass bubble canopy attachable,

All 4 Spring loaded Jumping Jacks underneath (you can stand it as it is on the Jacks for display),

The Falcon reconisence bird that comes out the body,

A Pariscope and even had Spriddle and Chim Chim figures I pulled out the trunk :)

~Z~

I wouldn't really call it a cartoon; it makes me think of Peanuts or Ziggy. It's an animated TV series for sure. See here. In Japanese, his name is Go Mifune which should explain the occurances of the "G" and "M" you see on his car and clothing.

Wow, I had not seen the wikipedia info!! Thank you for that link. :)

Why do you say that 52 episodes is a coincidence?

For what it's worth I have them ALL on DVD!! :devious:

That explains it. While I like Japanese motorcycles, cameras, some cars and such-like, anime and manga leave me totally cold. Always have.

It's not anime like you would think of today nor what you see today. If I were to see it today for the first time I may not like it...though having grown up with it, well you know. :)