IGNORED

What's its purpose?

twsutt

76Datsun280z,

Yep, you got it. That's the peice. Thanks for posting photos.

And I agree with you that it looks like a homemade part - it doesn't have the fit and finish that everything else on the car has.

Webdawg1,

I wish that it were as easy as just bolting it up the only way that works, but with two bolt holes-and nothing blocking the raised part on either side of the front differential crossmember-the part can be attached two ways (four ways actually, but we wouldn't even consider placing the tall part downward.)

twsutt,

I'll check when I get home tonight and see if I can see the outline of when it was actually bolted up to the bottom. (Read lack of dirt/mud/dead bugs/vermits/and lots of grease) (LOL)

That's why I restated my comment about it being possible to install it wrong. (LOL)

webdawg1

Austen,

I don't think that yours got bent, I think that they were put together haphazardly. Here's some pic of mine taken from the back of the car looking forward.

100_1616a.jpg

100_1614a.jpg

100_1612.jpg