IGNORED

Unintentional Insults

geezer

Oh boy, or should I say girl, with Don Imus and the students from Duke in the news this week this forum could go political really quick.

I have to say that I have stopped several times over the years to help a "girl" change a flat tire. I can't remember ever helping a guy. I've slowed down and asked if help was needed. Lord knows I wouldn't just pass a guy broken down on the side of the road. But, they were already in the middle of changing the tire. Or if it wasn't a tire issue they had the hood up looking for any other problem that may have put them there.

There may have been a puzzled look on their face, but !!!!!

Ron, I admire your integrity with your apology. I just question why it was called for. I can't see where you made an affont to anyone.

Maybe your PM'er was having a bad day and found their panties in a wad.

Here in the US, we have this thing called "Freedom of Speech" regardless of what we see in the news.

Told you it could go political.

I read and re-read the post and found nothing offensive or childish. This is a board for people who own 30+ year old cars, so it's likely that most if not all of us aren't afraid to get their hands dirty from time to time. Making a simple joke about tire changing abilities should have been safe around here. Now, if you had made it on a Porsche or Mercedes board, it might have been a different story. :tapemouth

Oh boy, or should I say girl, with Don Imus and the students from Duke in the news this week this forum could go political really quick.

Darn!!! :dead: I come here to get away from the political correctness craziness. This place is for cars and car people. I hope we don't go political..:tapemouth .I want to read about restorations, modifications, trouble shooting and boobs:love: LOL. As for what Geezer may have or may not have meant, I don't see a problem with it, where I am from I would expect that from a "geezer":cheeky: :D. I for one hope we don't end up all censored:tapemouth on here.

I thought the post was funny, and saw no intentional harm in it. Yeah, you poked fun at women, but then again, the whole world does. We as people label women with the stereotype of not being able to do things a man might typically do: change a tire, work on a Z, etc., but very many women break the mold. If anything, you gave any woman a chance to prove you wrong, and even admitted that many women can do what you said some can't.

I just saw it as a friendly jab towards a typical stereotype, with no harm intended. Your apology was admirable though! :D

OK, I've read the "thread of origin". I commended Geezer for the apology because it takes a bigger person to do what he did than to complain. I stand by that statement, but now see no reason why an apology was necessary in the first place! There are people offended by nothing, and people offended by everything..... fortunately most of us live somewhere in the middle. We must remember that freedoms also come with responsibilities attached (or should I say "implied"). This situation presents a good example: The freedom of speech (for which we should all be quite thankful) comes with the responsibility to use it properly - it's not what we "can" say.... it's what we "should" say. Yes, it's a free country, and people can say what they wish, but we should think just a touch about what it is that we 'do' say. Geezer, your initial comments IMHO deserved no response or condemnation.... but that's my opinion. What's good about this? Well, we are finding out that the vast majority of this community lives somewhere in between the extremes of "offended by nothing or everything"...... most of us have a good / reasonable sense of humor. Perhaps this will serve as a wake-up call to those at the far extreme end who are looking for things to be offended about. It seems in this community they are not in the majority; that's why I enjoy spending time here. Common sense goes a long way in our relationships with other people. We were not all given an equal amount of that at our creation.... the good thing is that we can develop some common sense on our own if we pay attention to our surroundings, and learn / take the lead from others. As rediculous as this seemed in the beginning, I'm happy to see the response of support for geezer Ron. This exercise has displayed that most of us have a good level of tolerance and common sense. Let's not loose that, for if we do, the next thread to go will be "boobs"..... (and we really don't want that to happen, do we?) Remember, when freedoms are lost or given up, there are far reaching consequences!

I have to say that I have stopped several times over the years to help a "girl" change a flat tire. I can't remember ever helping a guy.

That 1st sentence in tha last paragraph is what it's all about for me :laugh: !

Being a Brother Man I can honestly tell ya, "Nappy Headed ~Backhoes~" made me Laugh :cheeky: `

And before anyone gets offended thats just good African Comedy, Thats how we talk.

Even if Imus ain't African :finger: it was still FUNNY, FUNNY LIKE MUG ! LOL

~Z~

Montezuma,

I second that!

Although I am offended by the way your dog was looking at me kinda seductively there...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

~Brian

That is because my daugther was the one who took his pictures so he was behaving which is rare for that pup. He was just flirting his mom.