IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

A front cover of the S20,  an unusual  surface at top of the crank hole immediately caught my eyes, what is that? I am worrying about this cover has had repaired once before, has not it? 

As a reference, the third picture is my Z432's cover, I see a lot of casting small dents, and some rough surface at top of the crank hole.

I need to look at it more carefully.

Kats

I see casting code,  "9  6  6  20 "

I think this means "1969 June 6th " , I do not know last "20"

And the water pump, temporarily a GTR one is fitted.

IMG_1920.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

Edited by kats

Kats,

I bet you could sell reproductions of that manual on Ebay for $100!!

One way to raise funds for your race parts.

1 hour ago, kats said:

I restored my race and rally manual , Terashima-san kindly gave me . I used the parts catalog' s picture. The Z432-R is   exactly the same size picture of the manual. 

IMG_6073.JPG

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, kats said:

I see casting code,  "9  6  6  20 "

I think this means "1969 June 6th " , I do not know last "20"IMG_1922.JPG

Kats,
For reference, the 432-type S20 engine in my 432-R replica is stamped engine # S20-000877, and block casting numbers are 9 2 11 32:

f2jK4v.jpg
WwisGF.jpg

There was some suggestion that a batch of 432-type S20 engine blocks were cast at the same time as a batch of mid/late production PGC10 GT-R engine blocks, early in 1969.

• Like 2

Hi Alan, your S20-000877 is also a good example, casting code is corresponding to the serial number. My 000884 is a bit later from yours , so that my casting code is showing bigger numbers than yours.

Alan and anyone please help me to identify this LSD, do you think this is a correct R192 "4 pinion " / 2 way LSD ? I only see two round windows which are open for pinion shaft, these are supposed to be four , are not they?

And two way or 1.5 way, it looks two way for me, but I am not for sure.

I visited Matsui -san today, he said hello to you Alan, I wish I had plenty time to talk   with Matsui-san , it was so fun.

Kats

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

IMG_2160.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

IMG_2131.JPG

Thank you Blue , that is a good picture.

I have just taken this pictures under the sun, I see a teeth coming from the side which does not have a round window.

According to a mechanic  who has rebuilt a R192 four pinion LSD, 6 plates inside (4 plates of two pinion) makes the case thinner to have enlarged plates space.

Do you agree this LSD is four pinion R192 ?

Kats

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

Edited by kats

You will say just open it and see what is in there. But I do not have tools to do that.

I spent some hours looking at the LSD , And compared with the used differential in my hands. 

I found that they have different case, thickness is different each other.

Normal two pinion LSD has thicker case than the other. You can see it from the pictures.

If this is a NOS as the seller described and,  fully functional like new , and if this is the real race option for GTR/ Z432-R, this four pinion R192 is the good finding.

Kats

IMG_2216.JPG

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2223.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

• Like 1