IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Thank you everyone, we have more to discover, let's keep going.

Today I went to a shop , to see a S20 which is going to be my Z432's spare. Mr. Yamamoto is very passionate about S20, LY engine, he loves racing.

Mr. Yamamoto said this engine might come from a Z432-R which was totaled , I will be happy if it is true.

Does Z432-R's engine have racing piston, racing camshafts from the beginning?

Alan , let us know.

Kats

IMG_1898.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1942.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks everyone, 

By the way, some Z432-R will be showing up on the market not so far from now. Every owner becomes old, wife wants to sell the car. This Z-432-R was sold recently at 55000000JPY( approx.500 000 USD), we do not need to hurry for availability but, the price is going up like this. I guess millionaires are mostly out of Japan, so these cars will left Japan , sadly.

Kats

IMG_1949.JPG

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gav240z said:

It will only be a matter of time before a PS30-SB reaches the $1M dollar mark in my opinion.

Hi Gave, I am wondering about future price of our car and other old cars. When can I trade my Z432 with a Dino 246GT (or 206GT is more suitable for 2000cc car)? Never going to be happened? 

If I have a Z432-R , I would be able to trade.

On the side note of this Z432-R , recently this car was bought by Japanese car guy in Shizuoka , Japan. 

I think I said there is a gentleman who has three Z432-Rs in Japan, his cars are pristine and still upgrading the level of originality. We will see them someday in the future.

Kats

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

On 14/06/2017 at 3:00 PM, kats said:

Mr. Yamamoto said this engine might come from a Z432-R which was totaled , I will be happy if it is true.

Does Z432-R's engine have racing piston, racing camshafts from the beginning?

Alan , let us know.

Kats,
Of course I think you know this, but...

The answer is a simple 'no'. The 432-Rs that were sold to the general public - even if they were aspiring racers - and especially those that were registered for road use, had a fixed price and a fixed mechanical specification. They were pretty much on the limit of what was legally compliant for sale and road use in Japan at the time, and there was already some compromise on - for example - emissions issues with the deletion of the airbox, airfilter and the positive crankcase ventilation system that hooked up to it. 

If anybody wanted to tune their 432-R - or indeed go racing with it - then there was a whole raft of Nissan Sports/Race Option parts available for them to purchase and fit, and the official Nissan Sports Race & Rally 'Yellow Book' to advise them on parts, techniques and race settings:

yeof.jpg

4967.jpg

npy2.jpg

Out there in the ether there are misconceptions and claims that the 432-R - as sold to the general public - had a race-tuned engine, but I think this is simply mistaken. There's probably some element of confusion between the specs of the standard road-going 432-Rs and the Works race cars, which were of course completely different.

• Like 3

Hi Alan, thank you for your input, that is what I was expecting. Mr . Yamamoto said the engine pulled from a Z432-R, but everything which I saw was a standard S20 engine parts . I understood that is correct, 

Z432-R which was sold to the public has a standard S20 engine. When you want to race , you have to buy and install race option parts into your S20 engine, I got it.

I have seen and missed race option piston, 8H/8L camshaft, camshaft sprocket , but if I managed obtaining those parts, it would not work. I need to have a specific head gasket, specific valve springs, seals, etc, etc.. And professional assemble work. It is just a long way !!

Kats

I restored my race and rally manual , Terashima-san kindly gave me . I used the parts catalog' s picture. The Z432-R is   exactly the same size picture of the manual. 

IMG_6072.JPG

IMG_6073.JPG

Edited by kats
  • Like 1