IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Kats,

That is a great find, thank you for posting those pictures. I hope you have the time to post more. I picked up a Nissan booklet while stationed overseas in 1970. It had all the Nissan factories, all the cars, trucks, lift trucks, where all the dealers were located, and even a section on rocket development. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics if & when I can find it.

Fred

• Like 1

Fred, we want to see it, please post in some time. Is it written in Japanese? 

Today I did something on my Z432, I made a stripe by my hand and apply it myself. 

Lots of bubbles are still needed to be clear off and not straight in some place, the result is not so good.

I wanted some racing appearance on my Z432.

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kats

Thanks Chris !

I really love R380-A ll, also R382 is my hero.

On 10th October 1969, The R382 won the Japan Grand-prix .While Nissan Shatai was making 52 export 240Zs in October, your 26th & 27th could be stayed a bit longer in a assembly line because workers took National holiday and watched Japan Grand-prix !

(1964 Tokyo Olympic was on 10th Oct, after that the day became a national holiday) .

The GRX (6000cc 580ps/7200rpm

60kg-m/5800rpm) was terrific, looks like two S20s were combined together.

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have got this , crank for S20 engine. Now in Japan humidity is very high like in a bath room, we do not like summer in Japan .

I need to take care of this, the wrapping paper is special, there is a caution you see.

I carried it in my room , not in a outside garage.

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

Believe it or not, S20's crankshaft has only 4 counter weights, some people say it should have had more , on the other hand , most people are still enjoying sharpe response up to the red line with the stock crankshaft.

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

What are you going to do with the crankshaft, Kats?

Hi Chris, I am not going to do anything right now, I just want to collect parts for overhalling in the future!

The man who sold this crankshaft  is a real fanatic.

Kats

Ha!  That is so like you to collect parts that you will probably never need!  If you ever get the opportunity, I would like to know how well it is balanced.  When I rebuilt the engine for 26th, I had the crankshaft, flywheel, and front pulley balanced together.  I do not know the specs but the machinist told me that I would enjoy the balancing work and that the crankshaft was much better.