IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

1 hour ago, kats said:

This red Z432 was sold instantly, just one week after arriving at a show room.

I could offer trading my Z432 with this car, I really love red color and non-restored car.This is super. And very original, very early.

I was amaized by the emblems on the rear gate, they are still positioned correctly. So many Fairlady-Zs were restored incorrectly about badges. Owners wanted to have a better place of the badges for their own? I do not know.

One thing I noticed about a wheel choke. You can see 9  I (ai , or one) on it, I imagined 1969 , September if I is ai, not one.

We see this type of labeling for a radiator , oil cooler, heater box.

My 03/70 240Z has 0  B on the wheel choke, I guess it means 1970 February.

What do you think of it ?

Kats

I think stock location of emblems looks best. It's probably because nobody has any accurate measurements of where there're supposed to go.

Usually when a car sells that fast it's underpriced. Usually...  Why don't you offer to buy it from the new owner?   With zero to negative interest rates there, these cars

are a good place to keep ¥. Those wheel chocks look like they have never moved since new with that thick layer of dust. There looks to be no chipped paint on them also.

Much better idea than that other trade you spoke of.

If you need a place to store it, my garage is available and you can drive it year round here.

432-emblem.jpg

Edited by hr369
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ZG over fender,

When I checked this car before buying, I checked a "sticker" on all of four over fenders.  A true 240ZG has true over fenders, which has sticker  FR, FL, RR, RL for each ones. 

Previous owner gave me spair over fenders, I confirmed stickers on them, and original un-touched gray color.

Kats

zgovf1.jpg

zgovf2.jpg

zgovf3.jpg

zgovf4.jpg

zgovf5.jpg

zgovf6.jpg

zgovf7.jpg

zgovf8.jpg

zgovfFL.jpg

zgovfFR.jpg

zgovfRL.jpg

zgovfRR.jpg

• Like 3

These are still available at local Nissan, S20 engine parts.

Timing chain, oil pump chain, all the bearings of crank, conrod,IN/EX cams, and some rubber grommets .

Thank you Nissan, please continue...

Kats

Z432S20parts.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 11:52 AM, kats said:

This red Z432 was sold instantly, just one week after arriving at a show room.

I could offer trading my Z432 with this car, I really love red color and non-restored car.This is super. And very original, very early.

I was amaized by the emblems on the rear gate, they are still positioned correctly. So many Fairlady-Zs were restored incorrectly about badges. Owners wanted to have a better place of the badges for their own? I do not know.

One thing I noticed about a wheel choke. You can see 9  I (ai , or one) on it, I imagined 1969 , September if I is ai, not one.

We see this type of labeling for a radiator , oil cooler, heater box.

My 03/70 240Z has 0  B on the wheel choke, I guess it means 1970 February.

What do you think of it ?

Kats

I think back in the day a production car of 1970 could have used some 69 parts, even a 72 could have used 70 parts laying around in the factory. I see that evidence on many 240z's.. The small features on the cars change slowly over the years they where build, but some later models still used some early parts.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2016 at 10:25 AM, bartsscooterservice said:

...even a 72 could have used 70 parts laying around in the factory. I see that evidence on many 240z's..

For example?

Given the shortest possible time gap between any 1970 production-dated car and any 1972 production-dated car is just over 12 calendar months, what kind of scenario would you think made that possible? Somebody found a forgotten crate of parts behind the canteen door?

My experience would be that there usually is some rhyme and reason to explain such perceived phenomena, and it is often the case that we - as civilians - are misunderstanding and misinterpreting what we see. I class it with the "left-over 240Z parts used on 260Zs" type comments...   

• Like 3

Thank you every one, 

I continue collect "date " of my car 's parts and other car's parts, We will find out some very interesting things.

Here is my 240ZG inside mirror , 

2   6.23  might mean 1972 June 23rd.

collesponding the car's other parts date and making sense  registered date "July 1972" .

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kats

Replaced fuel tank hoses

My 12/ 1971 Orange 240Z had a leak from the tank when I filled full of tank. I checked and looked from underneath of the tank, I assumed the U-shape big hose might have some crack.

It was fun replacing old to new one, I did some clamps replacing as well.

And you see 46  11  29 on the vapor tank, that is 

1971 Nov 29th .

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kats

Eagle Moss Fairlady-240Z model

I bought this model , 1/8 scale Fairlady-240Z . I still leave it in boxes , no time to assemble.

I am not so happy about it's quality, it could be much more enthusiastic, much more being precision model car. 1/8 scale is pretty big, I was expecting I could assemble pistons and crankshaft, transmission, and I could turn them by hand ! But nothing like that , it is just a big model....

On the other hand, I am so satisfied about the booklet series 1 to 100 , each booklet has wonderful articles about S30 , even sometimes other manufacturer's cars are featured. 

And also, the DVD "the development story of the S30 " is just a wonderful to watch.

It was very expensive, I payed big money for the model car but, these booklet and the DVD make me feel highly rewarded.

Kats 

PS , I enjoyed seeing and reading about Rally cars , the main stories are not new for me but I found many new things in the articles.  What a great results the team made. They became legend, the footage became great history. I am very proud of myself , I have 240Z too !

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg