IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Hi Kats,

For the original size tires for our 240z cars, you may want to Google "Vredestein Sprint Classic 175 HR 14". I believe the distribution center

for the US is in New Jersey. There may be a European or Asian distribution center for this European manufactured tire. The size is a

perfect match for the original Bridgestone Superspeed-20 tire. There is a chine molded into the sidewall. I assume this chine is a curb rub

strip but you will see tire images online.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you 26th-Z and Z fan,I realized people in the US had good time with 8 track too. I bought two nice cassette tapes from the auction,I will bring them and play them infront of the audience.

Dan, thanks for the information. That tire is good looking,I see your Gold Medallion 240Z has the tire, fantastic looking!!

kats

Hi Kats. I have a NOS "export" version that I plan to use in my Fairlady ZL someday. I notice the Japanese market version has a smaller frequency range of 76 to 90 MHz, compared to the export version which has a range of 88 to 108 MHZ, so you may be able to catch a couple of stations in the US, but not many. I could bring my FM pack if you want to test it out on your car.

I am excited to see your Z432 in San Diego. I was considering bringing my blue #32 car, but I won't have time to trailer it down from WA and I don't really want to have it shipped there and back.

-Mike

Hi Mike,how are you doing? Hearing from you is always exciting to me.

I did not know that the difference between the FM packs, what a interesting find! I thought HITACHI has wide band ,Clarion has narrow band.

But NO, both manufactures have wide and narrow.I have collected pictures in my lap top,and looked them carefully and yes, they have both.See attached pictures.

Mike,is your FM pack HITACHI or Clarion?

I think lots of FM stations already exsisted in the US than that era of Japan.

And I wish I could see your super early blue 240Z, but I am excited about seeing you there.Please bring your FM pack.

I also did not want to ship my Z432 by boat,because 2 weeks trip on the Pacific ocean make the car rusty.

I have sent twice my blue 240Z to the US before(2000 and 2004), lots of bolts and nuts turned white.They were shining gold before the trip.

But I took cheapest way to ship my car,I hope the car does not get rust so much...

Kats

Hi Kats. I have a NOS "export" version that I plan to use in my Fairlady ZL someday. I notice the Japanese market version has a smaller frequency range of 76 to 90 MHz, compared to the export version which has a range of 88 to 108 MHZ, so you may be able to catch a couple of stations in the US, but not many. I could bring my FM pack if you want to test it out on your car.

I am excited to see your Z432 in San Diego. I was considering bringing my blue #32 car, but I won't have time to trailer it down from WA and I don't really want to have it shipped there and back.

-Mike

post-3193-14150829241224_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150829241354_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

Thanks Kats. It's good to hear from you again too.

My FM pack is the Hitachi wideband. I'm attaching some photos.

Yes, I can imagine the salt air for several weeks at sea is not good for corrosion. We are all very fortunate that you are willing to ship your Z432 so we can see it in person.

-Mike

post-9102-14150829251148_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150829251614_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150829252063_thumb.jpg

Mike,

What a rare thing you have got!

Complete set of a NOS FM pack, I want to have a leather case for Clarion but no luck so far.

I will make it by myself to protect this rare device.

Kats

Thanks Kats. It's good to hear from you again too.

My FM pack is the Hitachi wideband. I'm attaching some photos.

Yes, I can imagine the salt air for several weeks at sea is not good for corrosion. We are all very fortunate that you are willing to ship your Z432 so we can see it in person.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

The Z432 has arrived well before the convention, it makes people

prepare easier for this big trip.

2 weeks STBY on the loading yard,2 weeks on the Pacific oacean,

4 days to get out the LA yard.

The car was so dirty, must be in a plenty salty rain and air.

I did not want my car to be tied down using exsisting tow hook

because generally speaking, it is not strong enough if a car is pulled abruptly.

So I taped over the hook with 'do not use' caution.

The car is tied down using its wheels and tie rods,it is good.

Kats

post-3193-14150829456195_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150829456684_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150829457003_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

The Z432 has arrived well before the convention, it makes people

prepare easier for this big trip.

2 weeks STBY on the loading yard,2 weeks on the Pacific oacean,

4 days to get out the LA yard.

The car was so dirty, must be in a plenty salty rain and air.

I did not want my car to be tied down using exsisting tow hook

because generally speaking, it is not strong enough if a car is pulled abruptly.

So I taped over the hook with 'do not use' caution.

The car is tied down using its wheels and tie rods,it is good.

Kats

Kats, We are so excited to see your car sitting next to the Phantom in front of the host hotel. If only Johnnie would have allowed Mr K's car to be part of this. We tried get it but she is not budging on not bringing it. This convention is going to be the most inclusive ZCON ever; I hope we can get you car out to Qualcomm Stadium for the People's Choice show on August 9th.

Hi Montezuma,

I can not wait to see all of yoy and show my car

to everyone.

Thank you for the arrangement of people's choice car,

let me think of it, I have not decided yet to bring the car

to the stadium.

I will make up my mind befor the convention.

Talk about later,

Kats

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

At the ZCON 2014, I demonstrated staring engine

and 8 track stereo system in front of people.

I regret the engine was not tuned properly.

I knew I had to do work these things, but I could not have a time to do.

#1 High OAT under the sun shine in summer of San Diego.

#2 Octan of fuel is slightly lower than Japan

Before leaving Japan, it was early Jun. The mixture was very good in Japan.This means I needed to adjust mixture for hot WX.

And I always fill up 'High Octan' in Japan.The ignition timing was adjusted for High Octan and it was nice.

However 'premium' in the US seems slightly lower octan than Japan,I noticed this in

the past when I brought my 240Z to the convention 2000 & 2004.

People saw my Z432 did smoke.

If the engine was tuned properly,and it was warmed up,smoke would be less.

BTW, this S20 engine was designed with relatively wider gap

between piston rings and a cylinder comparing other engines

like L-24 e.t.c.

It eats a lot of oil, 1000km/0.8L for my Z432.

1969 'Car Graffic' new car test reported Skyline GTR ate 1000km/1.8~2.0L.

Nowadays wellknown S20 rebuilt shop (only 3 or 4 shops are true rebuilder) can do

almost non-oil decrease engine if you want.

8 track system, I played 'Born to Run' and FM radio, it worked well !

Kats

post-3193-14150829735105_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150829735715_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

Kats,

Thank you so much for bringing your 432 to the show in San Diego, and much apologizes for the poor quality gas in California. It is no where near as good as the gas in Japan ;-)

I must say your 432 was amazing by the way! Hope to see you here in sunny Cali again some day soon.

Eric