kats

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

Here is the instruction sheet that came with my 8-track. It was installed in the glovebox (which needs to be cut in the back!)

post-26781-14150825822626_thumb.jpg

@Jarvo2 looks like you have the Beltek unit that I have been looking for. The one I have coming is a Datsun Hitachi unit. That's the first set of directions that I have sen for it. Glovebox installation is not a concern as I already installed a HD Radio there and could relocate that elsewhere or remove at anytime. I have a toggle in the glovebox to switch between the stock and HD radio setups. if you ever want to part with that Beltek unit let me know.

~Taz

I have been to Munich, I was lucky to go to the October fiesta:beer:

So many people already there, no vacancy for tables.

Out of the fiesta, my favorite food is this, currywurst. 2.6euro !

I love beer in German too!

kats

That's a long way all the way from Japan ! I always get beer in Germany, I live close to the border. It's great yup.

Hi, sorry I have not updated more than a year, now I am back.

Here is the latest S20 engine sound of my car, I have been trying to find the best condition of the Mikuni Solex carbs, here is the best what I can do so far.

Kats

PS : the valve cover was dirty, after this shot I have the cover painted to its original color shown in the top cover of the old magazine.

This is the magazine from 1971 but the yellow Z432 must be from 1969-1970 early.

post-3193-14150828648414_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150828649213_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150828688077_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

Sounds great Kats, same color as my Fairlady Z-L, only mine is a straight 6. Hope to get it back on the road soon and have it repainted. Need new tires for the 240Z

Kats,

I am looking forward to seeing you and your Z432 in San Diego! There are now several more Z432s in the country, but yours is still one of the nicest, and it's sure to be a big hit.

Sounds great Kats, same color as my Fairlady Z-L, only mine is a straight 6. Hope to get it back on the road soon and have it repainted. Need new tires for the 240Z

Hi Fred,I would like to see your Fairlady-Z , the car is so rare in the world, I have

never seen a 1969 Fairlady-Z in person.

Tire is getting harder and harder to obtain original size,

175 SR 14 is NLA in Japan, only choice is 175 -80/14

but this is just little bit smaller diameter than SR 14.

However it is not too bad.

Kats

Kats,

I am looking forward to seeing you and your Z432 in San Diego! There are now several more Z432s in the country, but yours is still one of the nicest, and it's sure to be a big hit.

Hi xs10shl,

Thank you , but picture is always looked better than the actual car,

please do not look closely of my car.

I am so looking forward to seeing you too, are you going to be there with

your Z432?

I am really interested in hearing about Z432s in the US.

Kats

post-3193-14150828656326_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

I replaced an air cleaner filter yesterday.

And made carpet fasteners for restored rear deck.

Original fastener is the one botom,made of felt and sewed edges and center crossed.

I made reprica with 5mm thick rubber and double sided tape and fastener.

Kats

post-3193-14150828685226_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150828686054_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415082868707_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150828687651_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

Hi Fred,I would like to see your Fairlady-Z , the car is so rare in the world, I have

never seen a 1969 Fairlady-Z in person.

Tire is getting harder and harder to obtain original size,

175 SR 14 is NLA in Japan, only choice is 175 -80/14

but this is just little bit smaller diameter than SR 14.

However it is not too bad.

Kats

Check out our stateside distributors for your size that you want. You might be able to get some while the car is here. ZCON has 3 tires sponsors now.

Thank you Montezuma,I 'll check it.

Kats

Check out our stateside distributors for your size that you want. You might be able to get some while the car is here. ZCON has 3 tires sponsors now.

Hi,

I finally obtain this "FM pack" factory option for S30 in Japan just a few days ago. An 8 track player is HITACHI, but a Fairlady-Z owner's manual showing this Clarion FM pack.

On the other hand, DATSUN 240Z S30 RHD parts catalog listed another manufacture FM pack, that is a HITACHI made. The picture in the catalog is very accurate, I was not for sure it is existing or not, but some years ago I saw it on ebay.

So, Clarion FM pack is for my Z432, HITACHI FM pack is for Export model , it is my understanding.

But viceversa will be there of cource.

I will bring and show you my FM pack works very well at ZCON 2014,I will be able to make everyone has smile on his/her face.

BTW, can the FM pack catch the wave in the US where it has never been trying to receive it in it's whole life? I hope it can do that,, will be no problem.

Kats

post-3193-14150829093296_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150829093891_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150829094477_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415082909507_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415082909567_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

Over the top cool! You bet it would make me smile, Kats! Sure, it will receive FM in America.

That FM type adapter was very popular in the 70's, my dad and uncles had them on their 8 track systems , very popular then rare to see today.

Hi Kats,

For the original size tires for our 240z cars, you may want to Google "Vredestein Sprint Classic 175 HR 14". I believe the distribution center

for the US is in New Jersey. There may be a European or Asian distribution center for this European manufactured tire. The size is a

perfect match for the original Bridgestone Superspeed-20 tire. There is a chine molded into the sidewall. I assume this chine is a curb rub

strip but you will see tire images online.

Dan

Thank you 26th-Z and Z fan,I realized people in the US had good time with 8 track too. I bought two nice cassette tapes from the auction,I will bring them and play them infront of the audience.

Dan, thanks for the information. That tire is good looking,I see your Gold Medallion 240Z has the tire, fantastic looking!!

kats

Hi Kats. I have a NOS "export" version that I plan to use in my Fairlady ZL someday. I notice the Japanese market version has a smaller frequency range of 76 to 90 MHz, compared to the export version which has a range of 88 to 108 MHZ, so you may be able to catch a couple of stations in the US, but not many. I could bring my FM pack if you want to test it out on your car.

I am excited to see your Z432 in San Diego. I was considering bringing my blue #32 car, but I won't have time to trailer it down from WA and I don't really want to have it shipped there and back.

-Mike

Hi Mike,how are you doing? Hearing from you is always exciting to me.

I did not know that the difference between the FM packs, what a interesting find! I thought HITACHI has wide band ,Clarion has narrow band.

But NO, both manufactures have wide and narrow.I have collected pictures in my lap top,and looked them carefully and yes, they have both.See attached pictures.

Mike,is your FM pack HITACHI or Clarion?

I think lots of FM stations already exsisted in the US than that era of Japan.

And I wish I could see your super early blue 240Z, but I am excited about seeing you there.Please bring your FM pack.

I also did not want to ship my Z432 by boat,because 2 weeks trip on the Pacific ocean make the car rusty.

I have sent twice my blue 240Z to the US before(2000 and 2004), lots of bolts and nuts turned white.They were shining gold before the trip.

But I took cheapest way to ship my car,I hope the car does not get rust so much...

Kats

Hi Kats. I have a NOS "export" version that I plan to use in my Fairlady ZL someday. I notice the Japanese market version has a smaller frequency range of 76 to 90 MHz, compared to the export version which has a range of 88 to 108 MHZ, so you may be able to catch a couple of stations in the US, but not many. I could bring my FM pack if you want to test it out on your car.

I am excited to see your Z432 in San Diego. I was considering bringing my blue #32 car, but I won't have time to trailer it down from WA and I don't really want to have it shipped there and back.

-Mike

post-3193-14150829241224_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150829241354_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

Thanks Kats. It's good to hear from you again too.

My FM pack is the Hitachi wideband. I'm attaching some photos.

Yes, I can imagine the salt air for several weeks at sea is not good for corrosion. We are all very fortunate that you are willing to ship your Z432 so we can see it in person.

-Mike

post-9102-14150829251148_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150829251614_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150829252063_thumb.jpg

Mike,

What a rare thing you have got!

Complete set of a NOS FM pack, I want to have a leather case for Clarion but no luck so far.

I will make it by myself to protect this rare device.

Kats

Thanks Kats. It's good to hear from you again too.

My FM pack is the Hitachi wideband. I'm attaching some photos.

Yes, I can imagine the salt air for several weeks at sea is not good for corrosion. We are all very fortunate that you are willing to ship your Z432 so we can see it in person.

-Mike