IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

5 hours ago, kats said:

Alan, are you talking about this race option knuckle arm of your interest for the subject of steering ?

I do not know I will put this or not, according to the manuals standard Z432 has 115mm type like other models. Only Z432-R has 105mm type. 

Some people said 105mm is very very quick and gets driver tired if he does not want to race.

No Kats, I'm not talking about the short knuckles - although I have used them on all of my cars, and you will have no problems if you use a full size steering wheel.

I was referring to the clearance cut-out in the 432-specific S20 oil pan/sump which is designed to accommodate the RHD steering rack casting.

4TFDyU.jpg

For an LHD S20-powered Z, I believe you will have to make a mirror-image clearance cut-out on the other side of the oil pan, to clear the LHD steering rack.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kats said:

Thank you Alan, this is what you are talking about, please see the picture.

Kats

IMG_2380.JPG

That photo gives a good view. Do you think there's enough clearance for the LHD rack casting to not interfere with the oil pan (due to the engine istallation angle?)? If not, that's good news. One less thing to worry about.

The LHD exhaust manifold will have to be a completely different shape to RHD, but I think it can be done without looking too strange. 

About exterior colour/interior colour: When I saw your sketch I immediately thought 904 Grand Prix White with RED interior. I think it would look great with Export type exterior accoutrements (overriders, door mirror, etc) and the contrast of the dark 7J KS rally mags (with chrome dome nuts...). When I took a ride in your blue-on-blue '70 HLS30U my biggest impression was the blue interior. It really made me think of 1960s American car interiors, and goes so well with blue skies and sunshine. The factory red interior colour has a similar effect for me. So startling!  

Edited by HS30-H
  • Like 2

Kats,  I think you can modify the oil pan.  Grannyknot did a significant mod to his German I6 pan.  The Z pan is very malleable and weldable.

To articulate around the exhaust, an extra U-joint may be all that is required. You will have to test fit or mock up.

You are making a very cool car! 

1 hour ago, HS30-H said:

About exterior colour/interior colour: When I saw your sketch I immediately thought 904 Grand Prix White with RED interior. I think it would look great with Export type exterior accoutrements (overriders, door mirror, etc) and the contrast of the dark 7J KS rally mags (with chrome dome nuts...). When I took a ride in your blue-on-blue '70 HLS30U my biggest impression was the blue interior. It really made me think of 1960s American car interiors, and goes so well with blue skies and sunshine. The factory red interior colour has a similar effect for me. So startling!  

I really like those colour combo's also. I am not a huge fan of S30Z's in white (a bit too plain looking) but with a red or blue interior I really like the contrast. This white on blue C2 Corvette looks nice with the blue interior.

• Like 1

Here are some pictures of the wheel, thanks Alan, they will look great in a car.

Unfortunately, I am able to obtain only open type wheel nut, I think works rally car has dome type, works race car at circuit has open type.

Anyway these nuts are so special. The outer flange does not scratch a hole of a wheel, inner nut is turned and secured. At an interview of " Nissan graph " , a team manager Mr.Namba said " the nut worked so well , a wheel can be centered without tool. Nissan is going to get a patent for the nut ".

I will put a hub cap, which is used mainly Skyline GTR, but I see some other cars use it too.

kats

0001779M.jpg

0001779_2M.jpg

0001779_3M.jpg

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_6779.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

• Like 1