IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

I found a part number label on a prop shaft, I saw a memo of an original owner , he claimed vibrations soon after his purchase, dealer replaced it in late 1972.

IMG_0912.JPG

And fixing a inspection light, I like this original brackets, no cut out in one side like later one.

Kats

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

240ZG little work,

houses changed, before and after.

You see the green small plastic vacuum ball, that is a device which was required for emissions regulations in Japan started from 1973 . Even Z433 had to have it , most of them were installed at a periodically maintenance . 

The completed car had a sticker on the bonnet.

Kats

IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

One more interesting device is, the electric valve for preventing dieseling.

This work has done by the Nissan dealer, 

there is a memo of the original owner.

"the engine still running after switched off when it is hot, need to be fixed"

Then the dealer installed the device, you see the valve and extra tubes from the SU carbs, sucking fuel which should not go into the air cleaner box after the engine shut down.

Wiper grommet new too !

Kats

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

• Like 1

I am amazed that this thread started 10 years ago! Thank you so much everyone seeing and posting here to make this thread interesting.

Here is a set of door molding, E4101 is the original non-plastic cap type. My Z432 is still improving a little bit, long way to it's originality.

And spare tire holders, my 1972 240ZG has simple metal holders. No rubbers for the tap and the disc . You see the early ones came with the rubber for them.

Kats

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

Thanks Blue!

A sticker added on the air cleaner .

A crip added for the harness of the modified high intensity head light system.

This crip is used for the battery cable on the fire wall, four of them for L -series engined car , three of them for S20 engined car.

It was red , I wrapped it with a black tape. Looking great like a stock appearance.

Kats

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

Edited by kats

An interesting modify of my 240ZG, this is the brace for the throttle pedal pivot. The original owner's memo said " throttle need to be more

smooth when depress .." This is the solution , a dealer mechanic created unique parts, I think. Some car magazines claimed same thing, the throttle pedal was stiff and hard to control when start rolling.

Kats   

braceforthrottlepibot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2015-01-25 at 10:53 AM, kats said:

Thanks everyone,

the welded nuts are still misterious, however they seem to be for roll bar IMO.

Alan told me the the distance between one nut and the other is exactly muches for a bracket of factory optional roll bar.

But width between left two nuts & right two nuts is narrower than the roll bar's left & right vertical poles.

If our car had the bars that attaches roof and floor , that would look stiff, but why have not ?

I am thinking Nissan might allow the flexibility of the body structure ,

they would let the car's roof & pillers shake little bit rather than fixed otherwise the car would have crack in some area.

What do you think of it?

I will ask it to Mr. Uemura or Mr. Osawa , Mr. Miyazaki they will have some memories when they were testing S30 .

Alan, did you enjoy chat with Mr. Osawa ? Nice to see you!

Kats

bolts in top bracket.PNG

6 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

bolts in top bracket.PNG

That photo needs some explanation. It looks like a privateer/custom bracket fabrication to me?

Despite the four captive nuts being in the rear header rail, I've never seen a factory or Works installation that actually used them. Certainly none of the Nissan Sports/Race Option four-point roll-over bars had them. I still think it's something that was mooted (hence those four captive nuts in that location) but never used for factory/Works parts. 

Hi Alan,

Not much info on the part. It appears in a photo of shell HS30-00741 in Australia.  The photos were taken a while ago.  

I saw the application then remembered Kats thread.

Here is the Aus info:

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13773-early-girl-bingo-with-photos/?p=192129

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNl5Dbc6AlAPDlauRJ5eaLA8JMaql4Oee-fzrc9jUBQcg8UYa18piZD58gTZ1jLGQ?key=NVJGLU1oTGZvM1Y2VGx5Ymp2dW9UOGFIR3h4OGNR

roll fasten.jpg

• Like 1