IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Chris,

Like you said I am doing a bit strange! But I always can not stop myself from buying something if there is a old part which is wrapped with a Nissan paper.

I too want to see how crankshaft is doing well in a S20 engine even only 4 counter weights. Yours is balanced with assorted parts,

that is great ! Chris, is your crankshaft has an early less counterweights? Please let us know when you fire it up in someday !

Kats

Edited by kats

Here are some pictures of my parts which I will never use(^~^)

Exhaust system for Z432, 

E4200 is for an early type, E8710 is for a later type when new console / prop shaft started to apply(joint position is slightly different) .

And an exhaust header, mine is painted by the seller unfortunately, this one was sitting on a shelf from early 1970 ( the seller even did not remember this is a NOS or used ) , it must have a part number stamped on a tube, I wished I could see it.

The 4th picture is for a reference from yahoo auctuon, the NOS exhaust pipes has the part number as you can see .

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kats

More exhaust, this is a Nissan race option header for L24 ,

I think this can be used for LHD , I am tempted to install this to my HLS 240Z in some time. When I do that, E4200 (for 1970 blue 240Z)/ E8710 (for 1971 orange 240Z or 1972 ZG)  exhaust system will come together.

My friend (240ZG owner) is doing something nice, this race header with SU carbs. He said it is fun to drive, no need to have Solex! 

Kats

image.jpeg

Edited by kats

An error occurred in an assembly line,

You see the double spotted welding around the shock tower, this is  

unusual, I think the worker missed welding. Is this because my car is an early production?

Passenger (left ) side is normal.

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kats

Hi Kats

Yes, I have the early crankshaft with six counter weights.  My engine numbers are L24-2338 (26th-Z) and L24-2162 (27th-Z).  Service bulletin TS70-28 (August 1970) indicates that beginning with engine number L24-3607, eight counterweights were used.  My engines also have three different lengths of cylinder head bolts as described in service bulletin TS70-15 (April, 1970) which indicates that from engine number L24-04257, two lengths of cylinder head bolts were used.  I was lucky enough to find the three different lengths when I rebuilt the engine.

One spot weld appears to be deeper than the other.  Perhaps the spot weld machine was not working properly or it did not stay in contact long enough.

Nissan Shatai013sm.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

Hi Kats

Yes, I have the early crankshaft with six counter weights.  My engine numbers are L24-2338 (26th-Z) and L24-2162 (27th-Z).  Service bulletin TS70-28 (August 1970) indicates that beginning with engine number L24-3607, eight counterweights were used.  My engines also have three different lengths of cylinder head bolts as described in service bulletin TS70-15 (April, 1970) which indicates that from engine number L24-04257, two lengths of cylinder head bolts were used.  I was lucky enough to find the three different lengths when I rebuilt the engine.

One spot weld appears to be deeper than the other.  Perhaps the spot weld machine was not working properly or it did not stay in contact long enough.

Nissan Shatai013sm.jpg

Thank you Chris,

This photo makes me think it was a  bit difficult to patch a shock basement dish with a tower, were they welded together prior to meet a wheel arch ?

If I were there and watching it,  I would ask the worker "please do not use a failure piece, use new one"...

Here is a good example, her sister PS30-00087 has a good spot welding on the both towers.

And about early head bolts, you are so lucky obtained it, just great.

Fred, let us see what you see !

Kats

006.jpg

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

Blue,

I did it too much, it should be just on top of the stud bolt.

I see Nov 1969 Tokyo motor show car has yellow painted on the bolts of shock towers, very cool.

My 240ZG has sitll yellow paint little bit on the bolt.

Kats 

post-3193-14150802173788.jpg

H35.jpg

H36.jpg

Edited by kats
  • Like 1