IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Z432 specialized S20 water pump came back from a shop, refreshment was done properly. Expensive!!

Can you spot a Hitachi mark on the 3 way pipe connector ? It is cool. I still do not have time to replace it, and yes, still leaking little bit !

And my blue 240Z is in the museum next to a elder Fairlady.

Kats

00067.jpg

432pump1.jpg

432pump11.jpg

240zglion.jpg

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Water pump replaced,

I started yesterday and done today.

Now my car has got s correct Z432 water pump. After test driving I found little leakage at radiater big hoses , re-tighten the cramp up and test driving again, no leakage has found.

I tried wiring for the radiator fan securing bolts, they have a tiny hole for the wire. Piano wire 0.45 is strong enough, the wire did not behave what I wanted to bend. I had to do it in a limited access situation ( I did not undo the oil cooler and the hood and the grill) 

So , the results is not pretty. I want the wire is more tight. 

Kats 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Z432wp1.jpg

Z432wp12.jpg

Z432wp123.jpg

Edited by kats

Nice work Kats.  Now you don't have to worry about it leaking. When I saw that big puddle when you stopped, I thought it had blown out a seal.  I had this happen to me in my toyota just a few weeks before. It had a small leak

and the cooling system would lose pressure and the water would boil and go in the overflow tank. Finally one day it blew out the shaft seal completely. Water everywhere!

Does the engine still run a little hot?

Any luck finding caps for those wheels?

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1

Hi hr369,

Water temp does not look big change , but slightly stays lower than before. Probably cleaning the radiator and applying new coolant, well taking care of air bleeding worked .

Still no chance for obtaining 75mm cap for the blue 240Z's wheel.

Kats

P.S. This factory photo is showing a radiator fan securing bolts , I can see the wires.

I think my job was not so bad.

image.jpeg

On 6/17/2016 at 2:49 PM, kats said:

Hi hr369,

Water temp does not look big change , but slightly stays lower than before. Probably cleaning the radiator and applying new coolant, well taking care of air bleeding worked .

Still no chance for obtaining 75mm cap for the blue 240Z's wheel.

Kats

P.S. This factory photo is showing a radiator fan securing bolts , I can see the wires.

I think my job was not so bad.

Kats,

They did not trust a fan clutch or only 4 bolts @ 9000 rpm.  Have you used a more accurate way of testing water temp? Perhaps its running at normal temp and that gauge needs to be recalibrated?

The datsun makers group (3d printer group) made some wheel caps for a us mag wheel.  If you want something to fit and have a "Z" logo you might ask those guys to make something custom.

wheel-cap.jpg

large.JPG

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kats,   I was watching a yahoo auction and a new 432 gas cap sold for about 500 usd.  Is there a chain on yours?

That sure would ruin my day if I left my 500$ gas cap at the gas station accidentally.

I think i remember something about the 432 filler pipe being bigger diameter and the tank is different. The cap does look to be a bigger diameter than a regular 240z.

japan-gas-cap-fairlady.jpg

IMG_2537.JPG

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hr369 said:

I think i remember something about the 432 filler pipe being bigger diameter and the tank is different. The cap does look to be a bigger diameter than a regular 240z.

432 fuel filler pipe and cap was exactly the same as that on contemporary build L-gata engined models.

• Like 1

Hi hr369,

I have not used degital thermometer, I am interested in it, I will find the difference of indication between the two of them.

The wheel hub cap, thanks information !

Z432 does not have a chain on the cap, but 240s (03/70 & 12/71) have a chain and both are early type cap.

Kats

Edited by kats

On 2016年6月27日 at 6:02 PM, HS30-H said:

432 fuel filler pipe and cap was exactly the same as that on contemporary build L-gata engined models.

Thank you Alan, that is correct.

Z432 Tank does not have a return pipe, and the sending pipe is bigger than L-engined  model.

Here is a tip of Solex carburetor , 

Terashima-San made this label, I have been dreaming about I put this on the Solex , to be replaced with Skyline Solex label ,A-15a . 

I think Jets are different between them, other things are the same .

Kats

image.jpeg

I met club members, there was Mr.Sato with his very early Z432 , PS30-00013 / S20-000796.

This yellow Z432 was a press car for test driving. Many car magazines took this car and reported.

It is good to see her still on the road .

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMG_5339.MOV

Edited by kats
  • Like 1

This red Z432 was sold instantly, just one week after arriving at a show room.

I could offer trading my Z432 with this car, I really love red color and non-restored car.This is super. And very original, very early.

I was amaized by the emblems on the rear gate, they are still positioned correctly. So many Fairlady-Zs were restored incorrectly about badges. Owners wanted to have a better place of the badges for their own? I do not know.

One thing I noticed about a wheel choke. You can see 9  I (ai , or one) on it, I imagined 1969 , September if I is ai, not one.

We see this type of labeling for a radiator , oil cooler, heater box.

My 03/70 240Z has 0  B on the wheel choke, I guess it means 1970 February.

What do you think of it ?

Kats