IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

23 hours ago, hr369 said:

Ok Thanks Kats.  17 I'm still in Nagoya. What's best for you on 19 or 20?

You like Kona coffee? I will pm our keitai number.

I sent a pm,thanks.

Kats

Edited by kats

• 2 weeks later...

Attention all 1969-1970 owners,

I am afraid that this could be asking twice, but I want to know about.

My 03/1970 240Z has a unique air vent on the rear gate interior trim, see attached pictures and compare to the tan interior trim.

My blue trim has a different style air vent , there is a black basement panel attached with phirip head screws. And also 6 holes.

On the other hand, the tan trim does not have a black panel, and 8 holes there.

My 01/1970 Z432 (black interior as you know) has a trim exactly same as the tan style.

Could the blue style be for only extreamly early cars?  This tan trim , I do not know the VIN. But seems like Nissan reduced cost and increased built efficiancy.

My Z432 has it, however my Z432 is earlier than blue one. But, black interior trim was applied far more cars than the blue cars.

So I guess only very early black interior cars like 1969 made would have same as my blue one, the other colors ( blue and tan ) cars were not so many produced,

maybe early 1970 (until March or April?) cars would have the unique trim.

Any input is appriciated.

Kats

mykids 017.jpg

panelinside.jpg

earlyreartrim1.jpg

Just got back from Japan and finished uploading this video of a ride in Kats' 432.  The condition of this car is amazing and its good to see it being driven and enjoyed.

The guy in that black ferrari was really gawking at the 432. I can only imagine what it must have been like to be a cop back in 1970 chasing down speeders in one of these

beasts. Thanks Kats for graciously sharing your cars and your knowledge of these cars over the years.

Youtube video

• Like 3

On ‎2016‎年‎5‎月‎27‎日 at 7:53 AM, hr369 said:

Just got back from Japan and finished uploading this video of a ride in Kats' 432.  The condition of this car is amazing and its good to see it being driven and enjoyed.

The guy in that black ferrari was really gawking at the 432. I can only imagine what it must have been like to be a cop back in 1970 chasing down speeders in one of these

beasts. Thanks Kats for graciously sharing your cars and your knowledge of these cars over the years.

Youtube video

Hi hr369, I enjoyed so much the ride with you, that day was a pretty hot day for Japanese May, but air was very dry so the S20 engine seemed quite happy and proud of making fantastic sound .

Thank you for uploading the video, I will keep it forever. This is the best video which I can hear the S20 engine beautiful sound.

Kats

• Like 1

On ‎2016‎年‎5‎月‎27‎日 at 9:33 AM, siteunseen said:

That made ME nervous just watching but the drivers seemed very alert. Thanks for posting that, it's the closest I'll ever be to Japan.

Do not touch! My Dad had something similar on an old beater VW bug when I was a kid, "Mafia Staff Car, keepa you hands off"

The decal "Do not touch!" was attached by the museum, I think it is useful for daily use like this. I love your dad's story.

Kats

• Like 1